Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Have any of you actually played any other game at launch?

Even though the bitching is unwarranted on these forums since the game hasnt been released yet but have any of you actually played any other game at launch or any other game for that matter since you consider one video game, IL 2, a "hobby" because XXXX is always broken at launch. Shogun 2 had problems at launch and still does, Homefront had problems at launch and still does, and IL 2 has problems at launch. It seems like you guys have never played another video game besides IL 2 or you just are bitching just because you read some poorly translated Russian.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-26-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Igoring repated wrnings for bad lanuage = holiday
Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

I got Silent Hunter 5 when it came out. Never had a real issue with it. Still campaigning away.
I also play the Stalker series, Metro 2033 and Assassins Creed, the later one is fairly new as well but the game engine is old.
The amount of crap being spewn out on the various forums, be it here, ubi or SimHq is unprecedented as far as I can tell. Must be the moon phase or something...
Old 03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

Oh i remember the first time that i launched RoF, when it was released
what a deception, bad performance, CTD's, graphic glitches, etc, but after
a few month of patching so more after the game be adquaire by 777 Studios
the Sim start to be what it should and now days is a great sim that is strongly growing and evolving, so lads give to the devs team a break and let them plan a way of act.

Potz
Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Who doesn't remember CFS3..............
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOA_Potenz View Post
Oh i remember the first time that i launched RoF, when it was released
what a deception, bad performance, CTD's, graphic glitches, etc, but after
a few month of patching so more after the game be adquaire by 777 Studios
the Sim start to be what it should and now days is a great sim that is strongly growing and evolving, so lads give to the devs team a break and let them plan a way of act.

Potz
Same here. ROF was horrible the first weeks. I'm glad I sticked with it. Great sim. Just as CoD will be.

Making games today is more complex than ever before. And QA is very difficult, especially in a small team.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

I think some people lack in perspective and enjoy the moment "bullying".
When first IL2 came out I got it the day of release and play it with a 56k modem. The sim it was and what it has become now there is a huge difference.

With IL2 COD we have to expect samething. I guess, We'll all be able to play it maxed out within a year or so, as with any piece of software it has to be debugged and improved and given the complexity of simulators it's "impossible" to release it and expect it to be bug free or fully optimized.

I have seen some videos showing the damage model and only for that it's a huge leap forward in realism. I hope they have good sales and release new addons with more maps and planes.

Future looks bright too me