Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Default Libya No Fly Zone

Good luck to the pilots going out to enforce this new ruling. I hope this is resolved quickly and peacefully and theres no shooting required
Old 03-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Ditto, God bless our troops.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

UN Resolution "all necessary measures" = Mission Creep = Air Strikes against the miltary infrastructure in general, unless Gadaffi stands down and leaves - which I doubt unless his supporters desert him! Unfortunately, air strikes have a nasty habit of killing the people they are supposed to protect. I don't hold out much hope for a peaceful solution but I suppose it's the 'lesser of the two evils' if it comes to that.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

It is unlikely that they will see any dogfighting action. Our jets are superior to the Libyan planes so I reckon if necessary our pilots will just be on the ground attack. Even so I wish them the best of luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

I don't know why but I can't get Iron Eagle out of my mind!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Oorah! The canadians are out their in that no fly zone bombing targets!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Hope they spare a few for the assholel dictators killing their people in Yemen and Bahrain too.....
Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
UN Resolution "all necessary measures" = Mission Creep = Air Strikes against the miltary infrastructure in general, unless Gadaffi stands down and leaves - which I doubt unless his supporters desert him! Unfortunately, air strikes have a nasty habit of killing the people they are supposed to protect. I don't hold out much hope for a peaceful solution but I suppose it's the 'lesser of the two evils' if it comes to that.
Well, an easy solution to destry the tanks has been used before - same tanks as the Libyans too, basically. So thats no problem.

If they do end up needing to ground attack in the city, then you can hit them with a Brimstone/Hellfire, I believe both the British Tornado and Typhoon can carry the Brimstone. I'm not sure what the US, Danish and French will use though. I'm suprised they aren't using UAVs to a greater extent.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

The French airforce are there already and according to the BBC have started firing already. Looks like they are engaged in ground attack but what looked like a Libyan bomber was shot down earlier.
Don't know who knocked it out but close up photos on the news showed the pilot ejected way to close to the deck and was killed.

The mid east is turning into a real boiling pot. Military spending cuts are looking more and more stupid to me
Old 03-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

I'm not convinced air strikes alone will see the job done and the USA senate commitee are divided with strong opposition to sending in more of their ground forces into another arena. A lot depends on wether Gaddafi loses internal support and leaves. The end game is 'regime change' despite not being the UN mandate and this intervention will continue untill that objective is realised.