Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Default COD Development Blog: (harmless HUMOR)

After keeping tabs on this forum for several months, if not years, decided that some HUMOR was in store to possibly help some of the ranting and raving

HUMOR: "a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement"

Feel free to chime in, but please keep it clean

Development Entry:

We regret to inform the general public that there has been a rather comical misunderstanding. During the company Christmas Party there was a rather small mistake committed. After quite a few toasts of quality Russian Vodka, a blackout moment ensued. Apparently someone fell over and accidentally touched the Marketing Manager's Number Pad.

Unknown to us the current information that was waiting for input was the COD release date. Ironically, this accident entered 3/25/2011.......

We assure you the game shall be released as scheduled for 2072.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

DE:

The team would like to apologize to the Western Economy, we were just now informed the Iron Curtain was lifted in 1989.

We will start daily game updates along with our KGB files 3/25/2036....
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

DE:

Into the recent inquiries to if the game will be running off of steam. Yes the game and our computers are steam powered. However we are still working out the problems concerning overheating.

Here is a picture of our main frame computer:

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/...computer_1.jpg

We are currently investigating into the newly developed Chernobyl power supply......
Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

DE:

New installation technique for the release of the game. In order to appeal to a much more global market, the following USB installation device was created.

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/hom...-drive-550.jpg
Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

DE:

Yes the shipment to overseas distributors will happen as swiftly as possible. Our current overseas mailing system has new technology to cross the oceans a as fast as possible.

http://www.efitology.com/expertadvic...cycle-boat.jpg
Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

I foresee your stay here a very brief one schilla....
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

I think that kind of humour is exactly what's is needed to lighten things up schilla22! It does feel as if it'll be released in 2072, and the marketing and distribution does feel as clunky and primitive as the pics.

Although, having read almost every thread over the last 2 months or so, it's amazing how incredibely negative peeps on this forum are still being...and getting so @rsey with each other about the slightest little inaccuracy in detail or when the release date is...

It's gonna be out in a week and 2 days (give or take )...and it'll be awesome! I reckon about 80% of the people reading or contributing to this forum will buy it within a week! And love it! Knowing that the shelf-life, addons, effects packs and mods will keep us going for the next ten years, like IL2's already has done.

Here endeth the lesson
Old 03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

I prefer humor to complaining.
Let's keep the jokes rolling.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

schilla22, you joined here only to write those things?... bah... you don't have nothing better to do?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Doesn't anyone find this more than a little insulting to Oleg & Team (although I don;t expect that was your intention)?

I'm sure any delay is either for;

A - Good reason, last minute show stopping bug, or to improve stuff.

or

B- Some Ubi Publisher bollox which could have been avoided if someone could do their job properly.

I'm very disappointed at the prospect of any further delays, but then 1,000s of people have just lost their lives in an earth quake, so I guess none of this really matters all that much when you put things in perspective.