Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Default Strategy Informer: Men of War Assault Squad Review

Hey Guys,

Here's our review of Men of War: Assault Squad, hope you all enjoy:

Strtegy Informer Review - Men of War: Assault Squad

Score: 8.5/10

"Everyone will have their different idea of 'value' though, so that's not really a judgement we can make for you. It's pushing the line, we'll say that, but we're still going to recommend this as something worth getting. Long-time fans will definitely welcome the improvements that have been made to the multiplayer aspect of the game, and the Skirmish mode's inevitable repetitiveness can be combated if you force yourself to try new styles of playing. Considering THQ have scrapped their Company of Heroes Online project, there really isn't anything else like this on the market right now, and if this is anything, it's definitely a quality WW2 strategy war game."
Old 03-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Lol, CoH seriously scrapped that? I went on some CoH forum not long ago and it read something about CoH:O. But anywho lolz, thats funny.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, news story broke a while ago:

CompanY of Hereos Online Cancelled

Although to be honest, even if it wasn't cancelled, this game is perfectly capable of holding it's own against COHO, even with the price. I was just trying to appeal to the mainstream crowd as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the post. Almost stopped reading but decided to read the whole thing. He was saying stuff that I've been reading around the different Forums so can't argue too much. I never play MP, before the "OF WAR" games I almost always played SKIRMISH. MOWAS's skirmish mode is almost too different to call "skirmish". I LOVE this game, it looks great! I wasn't planning on buying this because I like owning the Disc, but I've got to do my part and support these Games.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Almost stopped reading? Was I too boring or something?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCommunication View Post
Almost stopped reading? Was I too boring or something?
No, when I read "Now, these missions have some sandbox elements to them, but if we found that eventually, you felt yourselves doing the same thing".
Been reading alot of harsh criticisms about this game didn't feel like reading it in a review. Your saying that you wrote that review? I think you did a good job. You gave a honest review and good score 8.5, and you recommended it.