Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Default SolidShield DRM

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...9/m/5151024809

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-03-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

meaning if during the life time of the series you switch more than five times your computer, you have a expensive blinker only?
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

I am going to copy my question here from the system requirements thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
Anyway, I don't see what is the big deal? You activate once after you install the game and that is all, go offline and enjoy the game - next time you don't need to be online to play/start the game. The problem here (we don't have the exact answer) is how many activations you have after the initial 5. Do the new activations accumulate every month until they reach 5 in total or do we just have one per month afterwards. Hope we get an answer soon.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

I was quite happy when the Steam option was the deal. How come when I pay for a product I have an install limit? Wouldn't it be better to just have something like Rise of Flight has? Or any Steam game? Online activations suck!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Lots of things from Ubi suck...
Old 02-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Approved Member

Default Yo Ho Ho Ho . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutz View Post
meaning if during the life time of the series you switch more than five times your computer, you have a expensive blinker only?

oh man I ****** hope not. I really hope not. I'm a computer tech by trade so sometimes I get to "borrow" a test PC or test games on our test server. Also my own PC usually gets parts swapped out.

So my hardware changing nature might lend me some trouble . . .

* insert your favorite explicative here

Online activations are ok IF you're playing a MMO. Because of the nature of the game.

But IL2 COD ? Penalizing the good guy? Maybe they'll change it like ROF changed theirs

BIT PCV Buy It, Play the Cracked Version? I can buy two collectors ed, one to keep, and another to open up check out the maps, use the sticker on my car etc . . . look at the DVD thats best use now is a coaster . . . because I really wanna support Oleg & Team. . . .

and visit my haxor buddy and get a unrestricted version for all computer / hardware / you can change your system as much as you can version?

From the Tages website

Quote:
There are very few common requirements:
1 PC with Microsoft® Windows™:

32 bits, x86 core: XP, Vista, Windows 7
64 bits, x64 core: 2003 server, XP, Vista, Windows 7.
32 Mb RAM minimum,
1 optical drive (CD/DVD reader).

With the Windows™ NT (4, 2000, XP or Vista) and x64 environments, due to the system restrictions, you must use an administrator account when installing your software: some TAGES™ components are drivers. After installation, even the most restricted user account can run a software protected with TAGES™.

To install/un-install the Tagès drivers, please follow the link:
Tagès 5.5 Drivers (signed version)

Quote:
Usually, the Tagès drivers are installed during the installation of the protected exe, or at the first run.
Alternatively, the drivers can be installed/un-installed through our software, TagesSetup; it acts as a toggle, installing the drivers if they were not installed, and un-installing them if they were installed.

Do not be surprised if you do not need to reboot : it is absolutely normal in both cases, installation and un-installation.
The reason is that our drivers are NOT IN USE unless you run an application that needs them.

Microsoft® Windows™x86 (32bits) : TagesSetup.exe
Microsoft® Windows™x64 (64 bits) : TagesSetup_x64.exe
Available commandline parameters:
"-silent" : TagesSetup will proceed to the installation only without any confirmation message (to be compliant with G4W)
"-nouninst" : TagesSetup will not perform the un-installation

Whoa Whoa Whoa, NOW I HAVE TO INSTALL THIS ON MY SYSTEM?
Dude that is all there is to it. Good thing I'm good standing with Jack Sparrow!

I know this will really irk some. But rebooting? They did away with that in Windows 2000?

BIT PCV Buy It, Play the Cracked Version?

Waa they're forcing my hand!

Quote:
Hackers' Comments

The proof of TAGES™'s effectiveness is undeniable as illustrated on various web sites. All major competitors have been hacked and the hackers have made generic cracks available for free. Anyone can break into these systems and produce illegal copies. With TAGES™ there will never be a generic crack, and there will never be one-to-one copies. It is physically impossible.

I think TAGES just let the cat out of bag. They are just advertising "Hack ME!" No greater way to inspire the pirates than by issuing forth a challenge that they can never resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_V-man View Post
Lots of things from Ubi suck...
If Ubi was the one that did it, well they're just really helping Tortuga gain influence

Last edited by hiro; 02-04-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Approved Member

And the never-ending drama on this forum continues...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
I am going to copy my question here from the system requirements thread:
+1
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Tages has not been hacked yet, because few people actually care for the games that have it. If say Call of Duty used Tages, it would be cracked in days I imagine. DRM is just a waste of money, especially with a game that is aimed at a more mature audience which flight sim enthusiast are, who are willing to support the developers by buying the product.

Let's face it, the game requires a joystick - those things cost if you want quality (IL-2 especially required some good quality controller), if you can afford one, you are denitelly gonna BUY the game.

So why the hell punish the user? Five activations? So I pay for yhe software and I have some restrictions on me? I never heard of a book author that would tell me how many times I can read their book, or a director that would tell me on how many DVD players and TV's I can watch their film.

Anyway's, Tages is not as bad as Starforce was some time ago, but if this DRM stays, than I'm not buying. It's not a protest, blackmail or anything similar - I just don't like to ask the publisher to let me install a game I have already paid for, just beacuse I felt like reinstalling my system 5 times in a week.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Sounds okay to me, I don't add components 5 times a month to my PC anyway, so if I understand correctly, I am connected to the internet once, active it once, and until I change something in my system I don't need to do it again, doesn't sound bad at all. Didn't DCS Black Shark work in the same way? If so what's the difference?