Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Default Damage From Debris

I know in il2 1946 if your to close to an explosion it will damage you a/c but if you strafe a train or shoot another a/c down, it explodes and you fly through the debris it doesnt damage you plane.

Im just wondering if this is gonna be moddled in COD?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:59 AM
machoo

That would need heaps of physics involved so I doubt it , might be added into future upgrads though.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Approved Member

It is modelled, there was a video a while back where a Spitfire was shooting at an enemy from behind, and a piece of debris hit the armoured wind shield and cracked it.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Talking

wow thats great for immersion, i really cant wait for this baby to come out
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplay View Post
but if you strafe a train or shoot another a/c down, it explodes and you fly through the debris it doesnt damage you plane.
Strafe an ammo train and come back to report.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Try wing tipping a doodle bug in flight too hard.Or trying to reattach an I-16 to a TB 3 in mid air.See what happens.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

yes but im talkin about a wheel falling of an a/c and hitting yours not damage from the main explosion

p.s ammo train not so hard but i just cant do the doodle bug...seen it done though!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
It is modelled, there was a video a while back where a Spitfire was shooting at an enemy from behind, and a piece of debris hit the armoured wind shield and cracked it.
Could you tell me where to find that video?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
Could you tell me where to find that video?
I think it was one of the videos taken at Igromir, been looking for it but I can't find it now. If I do come across it I'll put up a link.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That would need heaps of physics involved so I doubt it , might be added into future upgrads though.
Hardly. This was a feature in the futuristic "flight sim" Echelon: Wind Warriors from 2003, and it worked effectively. I think the level of physics could be limited to simply treating each piece of debris as a 'bullet', with the damage dealt being a function of it's speed relative to your aircraft.

In fact, if this kind of interaction was to be included, the standard 'splash damage' explosion should probably be abandoned, leaving flying debris the only hazardous component of an exploding aircraft.

This would avoid the annoying incidents in which an aircraft crashing into the sea nearby causes damage, even though you're in a position where no debris could have hit you.

I'm not saying that this is a priority for Oleg and crew right now, but it is certainly possible, even on very dated hardware.