Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Default Battle Of Britain ??

Hey, I am on here trying to find out if there are any modern games like Lucasarts "Their Finest Hour" The Battle of Britain. I loved this game so much when I was kid. I loved that you created a pilot, starting at the bottom rank and then got promotions and medals depending on how you did in each mission. And I also think it had a dynamic battle field. Which meant you could win the war if you played as the Germans.
So does anyone out there know if a recent game lets you do the same? Have a career with a pilot. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wiki link for the game I am going on about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Their_F...tle_of_Britain
Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

This one has a dynamic campaign:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/bob/
Old 01-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

I don't know if IL-2 Cliffs of Dover will have everything your looking for, but it will be the next benchmark in combat flight sims, and the most advanced Battle of Britain scenario ever made. You will be able to do training flights before entering the battle, fly highly detailed aircraft, with the most sophisticated Damage Model in simming, over highly detailed terrain, but you won't be able win or lose the Battle of Britain by yourself.

There are a few people still flying BOB WOV which has a very good campaign, but most people fly the original IL-2 series and are waiting for the release of the Cliffs of Dover this March.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

In Cliffs of Dover you won't be winning the battle of Britain for Germany