Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Talking yep: Tracers, WOP and Il-2 COD

yep: Tracers, WOP and Il-2 COD

in the first pic (cliffs of dover hurricane scene), i like so much the white tracer but i think that is a 109 or 110 cannon tracer...

Then, the Macci tracers of Wings of Prey are fantastic to me. (like WW2 movies)
dont like so much de hurricane COD tracers, maybe need to be a little more shinning, and will be nice that Wings of prey little "S" effect
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 01-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Bullets doesn't have an "S" trajectory, right?
This kind of "snake" effect is only a visual effect caused by a shaking gun camera doing the register at the moment of firing.
So,that tracer effect in WOP is totally wrong from a real world physics point of view.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=74
Old 01-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

apart from the message that Luthier left us, when the MG17s of the 110 are fired, aren't the tracers supposed to be red like in IL2? Same counts for almost all same calibre in IL2 by the way. I have no idea what colour they were, and almost all axis combat footage are in black/white, so I can't tell Anyone knows?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuchele View Post
Bullets doesn't have an "S" trajectory, right?
This kind of "snake" effect is only a visual effect caused by a shaking gun camera doing the register at the moment of firing.
So,that tracer effect in WOP is totally wrong from a real world physics point of view.
yep, but 'in-cockpit' that effect would be fine... that would be too hard me thinks to have two different versions, one outside and one inside cockpit view.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Tvrdi

COD = real tracers
WOP = camera tracers

cheers
Old 01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

What about smoke trails?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Yes we saw them in a recent update.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Well, I've fired thousands of 7.62 tracers from M-240:s and HK G3:s and when you fire them they go straight as on curved rail (as you very clearly see them drop when firing at long distance... There is however NO "wobbly" tendency at all that is caused but the camera vibrating from the recoil and the shutter speed causing them to zig zag as mentioned earlier here (and that is also what causes them to look like lasers as the bullets travel a few meters in the time that the shutter is open (and shaking)).

When in a vehicle your head has very good dampening by flesh, fat and other organic materials from the vibrations as opposed to a camera that is rigidly screwed to the wing that is vibrating - and no - you don't see them zig zag:ing like a camera does. Have not fired tracers from a plane but I guess it's the same as from the turret of an APC Edit - or for that matter when you have you chin pressed hard against the stock of a wildly vibrating G3 that you have to hold very firm to not rise it while firing full auto...

Come to think of it I have fired from the air in the form of the door of a Huey Helicopter on an assault practice but that was only blanks unfortunately The chopper was there to lift "wounded" and we persuaded the crew to lift some of us over the field in front of us where the b-force in the practice was. We skimmed the field that divided us and the enemy and landed in a clearing behind them with our G3:s at full auto. Mmm...

Last edited by mazex; 01-29-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

I just hope the smoke trails are not overdone as those from Wings of Prey.