Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Default What is best way to contact Oleg and his team ?

Despite having had threads :-

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14619

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3190122

about the fact that Oleg has created a MkII/V hybrid spitfire when it should be a Mk1, I still see in the latest previews this incorrect mark of Spitfire. How can I contact him as its obvious through lack of replies to both this thread and another at SimHQ that he is not visiting the threads and that no one has got this issue over to him. Get the basic aircraft right then concentrate on all the extra goodies. I can tell him all he needs to know if only he would reply to the thread. My concern and disappointment is also shared by others. He is missing fundamental items that the Mk1 had and we are looking at a later Mark Spitfire cockpit. Could someone draw his attention to this problem.

I also see in the Promo video that the Stuka has a yellow fuselage band and wing undersides, it is a well known fact that this is a later war marking and not Battle of Britain. There are ample references on stukas in the Battle so its worrying who is reading what before doing the work.

BOBC
Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Lots of people seem to be disappointed on these forums. Many seem to have their pet issue to pester the developers with.

Its a game that cost £35 for heavens sake, yes we would like it to be a good as it can, but the moaning is ridiculous on these forums.

If you have a concern, make a post and leave it up the the Developers.. don't harass them with whining, demanding a direct line to express your disappointment.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Have you any idea the how much work it takes just to model and texture one plane BOBC???....I'm sure Oleg has seen your posts and your concern has been noted...it is very unlikely this close to release that anything can be done about it now maybe (if your lucky) in the future.

I totally agree with mad tommy here the nit-picking and constant whining about ubi, drm's, box art, the name and wrong spitfire mk's is anal in the extreme....you will never get anything 100% to your liking so stop moaning. look forward to the fact that the game is nearly with us and you can take to the skys in this stunning new game....STOP MOANING!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

After all we are about 5 weeks before release. No chance to get even the smallest detail to be changed.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

but afterwards it can be done? Moaning is a very easy verb to grab, these issues are very serious, I don't fly allied planes that much but it seems that there's definitely something not right with the current interior of the Spitfire. Some people are really looking forward to refly the BoB, and if the interior is from a later variant of the spitfire people will start to get annoyed, since it's not historical correct.

I hope you get in contact in contact with Oleg BOBC, but who knows? Maybe he already noticed the problem?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Do we know for definite what version he is supposed to be flying in? Is it possible that he is flying a MK2 spit or are the cockpits completely messed up with different marks in there.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hardcore fans have the option of buying a Collector's Edition of the game. It will come with the following extras:
A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations.
A replica of the Pilot's Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document.
An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions.
If you release this it sure is stupid if you don't get it right,i have to agree with BOBC!

Last edited by the Dutchman; 01-28-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Approved Member

I've been obsessed with all things BoB since I could walk.
The supermarine Spitfire, and particularly the Mk1a, is in my opinion the most beautiful piece of mechanical engineering ever produced by man.
However, I really don't care if a switch is the wrong one, or it shouldn't have hydraulic/pneumatic landing gear, or whatever the op's beef is.
We also meet 'rivet counters' in the modelling fraternity.
They bore me there, too.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 01-28-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

as for stuka...make a skin
Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

OMG!!!

First no DX11, and now a yellow band on Stuka plus a wrong switch in Spit.
I am sooooo NOT GOING to buy this sim!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, how could anyone enjoy this sim with a flaw in the markings or wrong switch?
Tell me!!!!!

You guys are so ridiculous, really.

Last edited by swiss; 01-28-2011 at 11:21 AM.