Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > GEM Editor

GEM Editor All information about MoW map editor

Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Default Changing a unit's skill level without killing it and creating a new one

this may be the wrong section, but w/e

is it possible to change a unit's skill level on a weapon without killing it and creating a new unit? If so, how would I go about doing this (I did search, couldn't find anything)

I'm considering making a DotA style mod for MoW, and this would be a key part of gameplay.

Regards,
Trotskygrad
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

You change a unit's skill lvl in thier "breeds" file, in there is each weapon class, Pistol, SMG, MGun, and Rifle. Then ther is skills: None (1Dot), Basic (2Dots) and Expert (3Dots). I know I saw Master as a skill once but I didnt try it out on weapons.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
You change a unit's skill lvl in thier "breeds" file, in there is each weapon class, Pistol, SMG, MGun, and Rifle. Then ther is skills: None (1Dot), Basic (2Dots) and Expert (3Dots). I know I saw Master as a skill once but I didnt try it out on weapons.
yeah but can you change it in-game?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

What? Like gain Veterancy? I dont think you can...the Breeds file changes thier skills for in game though. You take like the Russian Rifleman who has only basic(2dots) now, you go into his breeds file and change it to expert, then you select him in game he will have 3 dots and the associated modifiers of a 3 dot dude. If you find the right soldiers in game you would see the changes. There are MP and SP soldiers though, so if you are trying ot change MP soldiers you gotta change the MP Breed files.