Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Flying Pencil Flying Pencil is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 403
Question OK, I found something that is really worrying me

In the official announcement, it said:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201
Quote:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.
Quote:
in·stall·ment 1 also in·stal·ment (n-stôlmnt)
n.
1. One of a number of successive payments in settlement of a debt.
2.
a. A portion of something, such as a publication, issued at intervals.
b. A chapter or part of a literary work presented serially.

Without a doubt it says it is a "portion" of the old IL-2 Sturmovik game, which means some code of the original IL-2 is in CoD.

Is CoD yet another upgrade to IL-2, or (as I believed) a 110% brand new sim/game?


PS: the fact UBI is involved is making me worried, wanting to get the facts straight.

Last edited by Flying Pencil; 01-19-2011 at 06:00 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
leggit leggit is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 108
Default

is this guys having some sought of breakdown?
  #3  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Flying Pencil Flying Pencil is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
is this guys having some sought of breakdown?
the fact UBI is involved is making me worried, wanting to get the facts straight.
  #4  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
leggit leggit is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 108
Default

m8 you REALLY need to go and doing something else.
  #5  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
winny winny is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 1,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pencil View Post
In the official announcement, it said:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201





Without a doubt it says it is a "portion" of the old IL-2 Sturmovik game, which means some code of the original IL-2 is in CoD.

Is CoD yet another upgrade to IL-2, or (as I believed) a 110% brand new sim/game?


PS: the fact UBI is involved is making me worried, wanting to get the facts straight.
Wow it doesn't take a lot to worry you..

How the hell you can get from 'next installment' (a commonly used phrase)
to the code being the same? It's absolutley stupid. I can't believe you're quoting dictionary definitions to justify your negativity towards this game.

Pathetic
  #6  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Trumper Trumper is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 461
Default

I think by instalment they mean that COD is the first part of other theatre of operations,more battles will be added on.
  #7  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
T}{OR's Avatar
T}{OR T}{OR is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 833
Default

latest instalment = next generation

There are other parts that should have been translated better, as others already noted.

Advice: go out, have a beer, celebrate the release date and stop worrying.
__________________

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
  #8  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Flying Pencil Flying Pencil is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Wow it doesn't take a lot to worry you..

How the hell you can get from 'next installment' (a commonly used phrase)
to the code being the same? It's absolutley stupid. I can't believe you're quoting dictionary definitions to justify your negativity towards this game.

Pathetic
Was my post that obtuse?
My rant is on the title and the press release, and the simple fact is by using the word "installment" they are saying CoD is a direct relation to IL-2.

It is like saying Battlestar Galactica (2004) is the next "installment" of Battlestar Galactica (1979).

Devil in the details
  #9  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Flying Pencil Flying Pencil is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
latest instalment = next generation

There are other parts that should have been translated better, as others already noted.

Advice: go out, have a beer, celebrate the release date and stop worrying.
I disagree on
Quote:
"latest instalment = next generation"
But completely agree on
Quote:
"There are other parts that should have been translated better, as others already noted.

Advice: go out, have a beer, celebrate the release date and stop worrying. "
My rant is done.

Cheers!!
  #10  
Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Robert's Avatar
Robert Robert is offline
Approved Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
latest instalment = next generation

There are other parts that should have been translated better, as others already noted.

Advice: go out, have a beer, celebrate the release date and stop worrying.
Not sure pencil's old enough for a beer.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 Fulqrum Publishing. All rights reserved.