Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Default Sound of Vehicles

So, the sound is monotone in all these racegames. I want to hear the diffirence between a high reving 1300 8v petrol engine and the diesel engine of a Nissan Patrol. Same for the revs.. petrol can get up to 8000 rpm. Diesel only to 4500-5000 max..

Who votes for?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

For
Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

Absolutely requiremtn
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 PM
SuzukiSamurai

So something like this:

The fast response of a petrol engine that's sounds very sharp and very aggressive:

The bit slower response of a diesel engine that sounds very heavy and does more the lower raw sound.

And same with the revs!

It would be cool if you had 2 acceleration buttons too. Like 1 for full power till the end of power and revs and a acceleration button for 50% to 75% of the power (if you want to drive more slow and precise). I remember driver 1 and Driver 2 where you had these buttons.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Lacking engine sound? Try one of these...

Quote:
Imagine starting up your modern, but boringly silent car and having the interior filled with the thrilling sound of a powerful super car engine.

Shift to first gear, hit the gas pedal and let the enhanced driving experience of a Sound Racer V8 exhilarate you! In every phase of driving – accelerating, decelerating, shifting, cruising and idling — the sound from V8 Sound Racer is so convincing that it actually fools your senses into believing that you’re driving a V8 high performance sports car!..
Do a youtube search and they have videos for it. You can make a 1.3L Geo Metro sound like it has a hemi haha
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves 2 Jacket View Post
Lacking engine sound? Try one of these...

Do a youtube search and they have videos for it. You can make a 1.3L Geo Metro sound like it has a hemi haha
Haha, if I put that in my car people will think I'm a loser.. :p
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Just pull up with that blasting from your speakers. they'll ask what kind of engine you have and you can say it's a 4 banger haha
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves 2 Jacket View Post
Just pull up with that blasting from your speakers. they'll ask what kind of engine you have and you can say it's a 4 banger haha
It's a cool gadget but I wouldn't use it.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

It's a fun messing around gadget. Anyone that uses it to actually impress someone is a douche
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Registered Member

Sounds? My audio card works great through out the game except for one. When I use the FRONT VIEW from my car, there is absolutely no engine sounds. I do get engine sounds in other views. I would like to use the front view, because all others get you lost all over the place. The views change at random, very disappointing ability to view while driving.