Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Default Anyone else annoyed with orcs?

I want to enjoy the orcs and the adrenaline, but so many of the abilities are not just bad, but worse than doing nothing. And it's not just the self-consuming goblins, it's the orc veterans too. I mean, the more adrenaline he gets, the less likely enemies are to counter attack. I WANT THEM TO COUNTER ATTACK SO I CAN GET THE EXTRA HITS! Or his ability which doubles the damage of some other orc? Come on. I mean, the best way to use him is to drain all his adrenaline into rage.

And what about the orc commander guy--the one who's a recruiter? Yeah, his recruit doesn't actually work.

And the orc shaman--the one with totems? Man, the coolest one, but every round my game hangs and I have to alt-tab to hit "ignore" on a bug popup.

Is there a mod or something that fixes up the orcs?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

lol, also, I've unlocked 6 islands now, and have gotten 1 piece of body armor called magician's cowl. This would be great if I weren't playing a warrior. So, I got my pirate buddy wearing the cowl, but no single vendor on any of the islands I've opened have yet to sell a single piece of armor, and apparently a warrior can't wear a dress. Every empty vendor just makes my rage +10.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Didn't the warrior have a dress/regalia slot? As for the body armor, you're just unlucky. The game thrives solely on randomization and sometimes it does not pan out just the way a player wants it or needs it to be - troop-wise, enemy-wise or equipment-wise.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I can put a dress in the dress regalia/dress slot, but I literally didn't have a single piece of equipment to put in the armor-only slot for over half the game.

Anything thing I'm bummed about is I haven't gotten a single divine armor scroll. I just finished Sheterra and want to start working on my last unlocked island. I think I might end up finishing the game without ever getting the scroll. I've got this great combo where first round I teleport my orc veteran right into the middle of all their enemies (with counter-attack at 3 of course), then wait on my rune mage until the end of the round, ressurect him back to full, then cast stone skin on him beginning of second round. Know what would make it work so much better? Divine armor.

I get that it's random, but you'd think there'd be some sort of provision to make sure at least 1 of each scroll had a chance to drop in the game, right? I sorta wish it was the same way with the items as well. I know some are fixed, but man I sure wish I'd found this sword of the elements when I was playing my mage. I swear I looked at every shop, and never saw this item, but I've got one now, playing my warrior. :/

I'm telling you man, the game's doing it on purpose--it's messing with our minds!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

There is a work-around Scan your game in advance.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Wow, I wish I had done that before this game. Here's some epic QQ:

I got the black helm and the fragment thing from moro dark (fyi: undead or demons in your reserves count as having them in your army). I also have the whole vampire set. So, I'm thinking epic undead beatdown, right?

Wrong. There are only 70 black knights in my whole game. I mean, I guess I can start doing some foolery with sacrifice, but here's the worst part: there are no ancient vampires for sale anywhere and no one will upgrade the regular ones for me.

So, I'm like, it's ok, I also completed the demon set. I'll just go get some sweet archdemons and succubus instead of vamps, and whip some ass! Nope again--the warrior counter-attack skill says it works with humanoids, but apparently the archdemon and demoness aren't considered humanoids. Really? Is it 'cause they have tails or something?

I mean, it's still kinda fun. The demoness's crit for 16-18k, and they crit frequently (wish the demon tongue was a part of the demon set instead of the salamander banner--such a miss there). I also like to put my archdemon near a corner, then phantom him into the corner, then swap the phantom with some squishy ranged nuisance. It would just be cooler if I were doing this with a fat-stack of black knights and ancient vampires for massive counter-attack beatdown. I mean, I skilled into the crit-on-counter thing--would be nice to get some real use out of it. :/
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Well if u dont have black knighs, its your fault. Necrmoancer Mesmere can change canoner alchmists and brigadiers into black knights, u can get tons of them ... but i bet you killed him without doing that ;p
Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

lol, I totally did! Last time I played, I ditched a bunch of troops and ran around collecting those damn dwarves. This time I was like, "Um, no thnx."

Haven't bothered to go get the pirates for that stupidass either. I mean, seriously, the guy is just standing in one spot--he could run around and get his own mercenaries. Seriously now, would you like to see the wine list? My god, get a job.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

BTW: pain mirror on an arch-demon after he halves a large stack = lulz
Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlister View Post
I want to enjoy the orcs and the adrenaline, but so many of the abilities are not just bad, but worse than doing nothing. And it's not just the self-consuming goblins, it's the orc veterans too. I mean, the more adrenaline he gets, the less likely enemies are to counter attack. I WANT THEM TO COUNTER ATTACK SO I CAN GET THE EXTRA HITS! Or his ability which doubles the damage of some other orc? Come on. I mean, the best way to use him is to drain all his adrenaline into rage.

And what about the orc commander guy--the one who's a recruiter? Yeah, his recruit doesn't actually work.

And the orc shaman--the one with totems? Man, the coolest one, but every round my game hangs and I have to alt-tab to hit "ignore" on a bug popup.

Is there a mod or something that fixes up the orcs?
Goblins and Orc Veterans are awesome. They get passive bonuses for higher adrenaline too.

Goblin Shamans can reduce enemy resistance to negative levels just by attacking.

Goblins do ridiculous damage with the proper buffs, and have a chance to attack more than once per round.

Orc Veterans are really good. Just 'quaff' a Potion of Rage so you get a speed bonus, so when you regain Adrenaline Level 3, the enemy can't counter attack.

If you want him to do more damage, just Phantom him instead. The clones end up with zero rage, so they will counter-counter attacks.

It is nice to have the flexibility of having no retalation or counter-counter attacking for more damage.

No retaliation is a great way to kill certain bosses.

His damage doubler is a little broken. For starters, it doesn't double other orc's damage, it doubles your own damage, but you need another orc unit type in your army. Great for phantoms that are about to expire.