Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Can I play the Beta in Single Player?

these are shega's words in the Sticky announcing the open beta:

"Players will be able to try out the new skirmish game mode"

and here's my question/concern:

isn't skirmish the single player component? if it is, i just downloaded the beta and skirmish is not a selectable option, only Multiplayer.
i don't play multiplayer, can i play this game in single player mode? if so, how and if not, why not??

can anyone clarify this for me? thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Well simple, it's forbidden to play it alone, single player because it's a beta. Else everyone would download it and play Single player not caring about bugs and all that.

This way you play it online with real people, more chances for people to report bugs etc.

That's just what I think Uhh and also when the game comes out, you won't be able to play this beta version anymore, therefore having the skrimish on SINGLE disabled will be a guarantee that people don't keep playing it.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

thanks for getting back to me MasacruAlex but you're implying that beta's for games are exclusively done in multiplayer? i'm not sure but i don't think so. i've been on lots of forums for other games and it's beta-ed in single player and you email in your bug reports. you sign up and if you don't provide feedback on a regular basis you're axed. anyway, what you say makes sense and may, in fact, be the reason. sucks though...
Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
thanks for getting back to me MasacruAlex but you're implying that beta's for games are exclusively done in multiplayer? i'm not sure but i don't think so. i've been on lots of forums for other games and it's beta-ed in single player and you email in your bug reports. you sign up and if you don't provide feedback on a regular basis you're axed. anyway, what you say makes sense and may, in fact, be the reason. sucks though...
One of the gamemodes in multiplayer is called 'skirimish', and you are able to play against the AI, either on your own or in co-op with someone else. There are only two maps (and hence, two scenarios), but I would expect there will be more when the full game comes out.

Hope this cleared things up for you.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post

Ah you're right, I know what you mean, guess i was wrong
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Pretty good game. I'll probably purchase it because of the added skirmish option. The one thing I hated about this game is the fact that they force you to play multiplayer. Not a good way to practice. With everyone telling you off because you're new.

But I do feel like this game is more of the same. The pathfinding issues are still very bad. It's imperative that you improve this.

We call in units and they'll frequently get caught standing around somewhere on the map. Or get stuck. Lodged between two objects. And squad movements are still goofy. The way they backtrack upon moving forward.

Also, if you guys are so concerned about making your game for competative multiplayer, then replays are paramount.

Otherwise. Thanks for the beta. It's a decent game.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

if you want more skirmish mode you will have to be a exclusive tester.

here is a screenshot of what a exclusive tester have.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Honestly, I'll have to see after a official demo. It just seems to be another mod.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Honestly, I'll have to see after a official demo. It just seems to be another mod.
I agree' for me their is nothing special in Assault Squad but that is just me. but of course i will buy it when is come out but i don't think i will play it in the long run.

but i cannot judge because is just a beta. who knows i may love it when i play the full version of the game. as for the assault squad beta i just don't like it.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

@KageToraUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageToraUK
One of the gamemodes in multiplayer is called 'skirimish', and you are able to play against the AI, either on your own
as i mentioned, Skirmish is on the main menu but not selectable, grayed out. only Multiplayer is selectable. are you saying select Multiplayer, then select the gamemode 'skirmish'?