Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Default best items for thorns

I want to go all thorn army cuz I remember with the right items they can deliver a great deal of damage. Can you enlighten me on this items. I know the botanic diploma and the thorn crown, anything else?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Crown of Black thorne is really the only one you need, due to its massive damage boost. It doubles their DAMAGE not their attack, which is really really good.

I don't really recall many other items for them, but if you are going to use Thorn hunters or warriors, then the Demoness' whip, and Poison dagger will both greatly add to their damage.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Go to Elona fast. There, find the elven academy and when graduating, choose gardening. After a quite tough fight (where you have to beat demons with plants), you'll get the Botany Diploma (I think that's what it's called), which increases the stats of plants (Thorns, Ents) quite a lot.

You'd also do well to employ Fauns, they boost thorns as well. Dryads too, I think. I think in Orcs on the March, you can always find Royal THorns and Fauns in the Hut on Debir - I always did.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

The only problem with thorns is that they are level 1 units only (except the Royal thorn) and at the end of the game they are almost useless or simply die too much and aren't very useful.
There is a lacks of a level 2-3 thron that makes them a bit more useful (maybe someone care to do new thorn units with crazy abilities like "resist fire"?)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
The only problem with thorns is that they are level 1 units only (except the Royal thorn) and at the end of the game they are almost useless or simply die too much and aren't very useful.
There is a lacks of a level 2-3 thron that makes them a bit more useful (maybe someone care to do new thorn units with crazy abilities like "resist fire"?)
Fauns can resurrect the hell out of them though, which makes them a bit more viable. And low level units CAN be good, since they often have crazy high damage potential. Still, I think a fairy army is much stronger. Fast moving no retal units are just good in general.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Approved Member

I doubt using the level1 Thorns as separate armies is a good idea. They are meant to be fodder, just like Gobots (I still chuckle when I write down the name of the Transformer-ripoffs that are now icky worms...)

So, use Royal Thorns or Dryads to summon them, that way you don't have to fear of losing any. Royal Thorns are available on Debir already, and you can upgrade Warriors or Hunters into them with Training.

On my next walkthrough, I plan to do a Mage with an Elven army. There are so many good elven units I never tried out yet. Even more then I can use. I wish the game allowed 7 units in your army...
Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Get the Ghost Sword, it reduces enemy physical resistance by 50%.

Also, get as many attack boosting artifacts as you can.

One of the biggest problems with thorns is that you can't cast Dragon Arrow on them. Even with the nerf, they can still significantly increase the damage of lower level creatures.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Now that's going to get interesting: hunters and royal with faun and dryads could be very powerful and with that sword, they would rip through mages and the likes, although fire damage would also rip them XD.

I suppose you should get lot of fire resistance items and an archmage to cast shield on them plus divine armor would come in handy.

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepiece View Post
Now that's going to get interesting: hunters and royal with faun and dryads could be very powerful and with that sword, they would rip through mages and the likes, although fire damage would also rip them XD.

I suppose you should get lot of fire resistance items and an archmage to cast shield on them plus divine armor would come in handy.
Don't waste time on fire resist for plants, it doesn't make much of a difference. Instead focus on phantoming out more fauns to resurrect them faster.

Also, I don't think the Ghost sword actually works, at least, it didn't in KBAP: Gift Bag.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Can we confirm that about the Ghost sword because in the current game, I have the complete set and is planning to use it quite a bit. If it doesn't work, then there is no point.