Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Crossworlds - Questions about skills

These are all in regards to the new arena campaign in Crossworlds:

1. Does the skill that gives +% of gold after victory work in this campaign? What about Nigh time operations? It looks like the arena is underground but not sure if there's any bonus applied.

2. Items that gran +% to gold and/or exp...do they work in this campaign?

Thanks!

Last edited by Renevent; 09-20-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

1. It works, I have tired it. Night operations works too, but you have to wait till it's night. Problem is, if you get to rely on trophies skill for extra gold, something is wrong, as the extra gold isn't all that much.
2. Most definitely. Learning level 3 + hand of Necropolis will get you to level 62 or more
Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Not sure I understand...but the gold received after an arena win is all you get...and trophies (3/3) gives +300% gold. That's a huge increase. Maybe I'm not sure how to play the arena that well though but I am short for gold by a huge margin that I can't hire half the troops I want for by the 4th or 5th round.

And how sure are you it works? I tried using saves to kill a boss with and without Trophies and couldn't really tell a difference...though the amount of gold you get after a win seems to vary even by itself.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

The money you receive from killing the boss and from bounty heroes are one thing, the fixed amount of money you receive by the NPC's for such a win is something completely different. For example, if the boss is supposed to give you 900 gold for killing it, it will give you 990 gold with trophies level 1. If a bounty or let's say, an arena win is worth 40k, this is exactly the amount you're going to get - regardless of the Trophies skill level.

Maybe this is why you feel the money you get isn't all that much.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Ah I see...so the 40K I was getting wasn't given for the battle, rather it was a quest reward.

Appreciate the help, thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
The money you receive from killing the boss and from bounty heroes are one thing, the fixed amount of money you receive by the NPC's for such a win is something completely different. For example, if the boss is supposed to give you 900 gold for killing it, it will give you 990 gold with trophies level 1. If a bounty or let's say, an arena win is worth 40k, this is exactly the amount you're going to get - regardless of the Trophies skill level.

Maybe this is why you feel the money you get isn't all that much.
I think you may want to recheck your numbers DG! The Trophies skill is reworked to give a lot more gold. While it doesn't net you that much in the arena, it gives HUGE amounts of loot with the bounty hunter quests, because those battles themselves generate a ridiculous amount of gold, I'm not even sure why. I had trophies 3 and was getting hundreds of thousands of gold from just the battle (later ones at least) before the award money was even given.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Hi all
I cant find tread considering this : does any1 else find Neatness skill to be useless cause it strenghten skills of only 1 unit, Mechanic ?????
Might class skills are usefull for all undead-Dark commande, archers-Quick draw,
Mind class skills all neutrals-Voice of dragon, Persuasion-moral for rases
Magic class skills if ply as mage you get Archmage-lower leadership for all mage units.
So to me neatness skill us completly useless. I dont play for no-loss, or 7 day game end, just for fun of it.
But spending this much runes for 10, 15, 20 % upgrade of only 1 unit is realy useless.
Neatness skill should upgrade all unit sumoning skills : Orc tracker, Royal griffin etc . . . for same amount as for Mechanics . . . just my thought. Then it would be meaningfull to spend runes on it, and it would be so much usefull.
Any coments pls ?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

The neatness skill allows you to destroy artifacts producing crystals and runes from them. Therefore it's a very important skill for most mages. At lvl 2 and 3 of neatness there's a chance you will get might/mind/ magic runes from destroying lvl4-5 artifacts so the skill is also useful for other classes as you generally have more gold than you need in the later stages of the game.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

I do get use of neatnes, but what i dont get why it strenghten only 1 unit ( out of like hundred diferent ) in all game !
Mechanic isnt only unit that have sumoning skills in game ( 15 at least have it ) so i think it unfair just for that, either neatnes buf up sumons of all sumoning units or not any of them. That is what i thought.
On neatnes usefullnes for mage i agree, but on +10,15,20 % for sumon droids repair droids i just think is stupid.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Well in AP it didn't buff any units at all....so consider this as an unexpected bonus to a skill that was valuable anyway!