Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Default Rage box vs dragon

personally i'd love to have the rage box back...
the dragon is so very standard and get's very boring after a while
most his abilities are close to useless

while the rage box had a very strong setup(ofcourse they also had crappy skills)

but not as much as with the dragon

only notable dragon abilites are
treasure hunter
mana accel
lightning bolt

rest is near to useless in way of costing way too much rage

now for the rage box

lina's balls
rage stealer
time back
glot's armor
(the stone unit abilities to do x2 vs mages)
evil showl
crystal ball
and some other ability from the reaper which i forgot the name

to me it's safe to say rage box > dragon in any bloody way

even the animations from the rage box were better

i truly wish i could cast glot's armor on a unit
or at least have time back as rage ability rather than a spells
that's just lame

your thoughts?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

The Box was pretty cool, but honestly there isn't too much that I miss from it. I hated Zerlock (stupid useless rock guy), and the only thing I miss from Sleem is Glot's Armor (Shoal was fun but Firey Phantoms is nearly as good). Lina was a disappointment to me - the only useful thing she had were the chargers, and KBAP has the same thing in Mana Accelerator. Reaper was just awesome, but Soul Drain is replaced by Ball Lightning (replaces that useless Gizmo too), Time Back is now a spell (I like), Rage Drain was OK but I don't miss it, and Black Hole (although awesome) can be replaced with Geyser spam.

So all I really miss is Glot's Armor. Everything else I can live without or make due with a replacement. And fortunately most of your Dragon's abilities are fairly useful. The only two I don't really like are Lava Call (I prefer Phantoms or Dive) and that stupid Egg.

Oh well.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

what about the useless wall xD

i mis the box

i hate the pet dragon
it doesn't even grow xD
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

I loved the rage box, specially Reaper...
The dragon is not that useless though, it had some useful abilities that I used a lot.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

The dragon is much more rounded. You only ever use the same abilities with the Chest no matter the class.
I like that fiery phantoms are a warriors toy, ball lightning and mana accelerator for a mage, egg for doing CRAZY STUPID shit without losses, etc etc. Dig is nifty.

Also, dragon has a lot more tactical options. Well placed pushes, blocking a space with an egg, granting one more move. It is much more interesting than the chest.

Like previously said, the only thing I miss is glot's armor. That was a powerful, and unique effect.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Zechnophobe, you should try your tactical genius againt the Disciples 3 AI on hard mode...
Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

@ metro

i already doing it
on hard it still too easy

the only impossible that was really hard
was on warlords battlecry (the rts version)
the turn based was easy

furthermore how the hell can techo say a dragon is more rounded?

lol

the most used dragon ability is the treasure chest
second is most likely the mana accelerator

and after it's just extra rage spending on the kick and dive
and for warrior maybe the phantoms

but either way

i bet you were using more skills from the rage box than the dragon

dragon is so useless
Old 07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Kick, Dive, Phantom, Chest, Accelerator.

Okay, so what'd you use in the chest? Probably about 4 abilities, and only because each rage spirit had multi-turn rests.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

neither one is truly better... they are matched to the games difficulty. Sure there are pros and cons to both. Rage box definitely had a much cooler look to it. I mean come on, the grim reaper vs a baby dragon. There were 4 different spirits in the box which allowed for a guaranteed rage (spell?) to be used each round. On the other hand, the wait time was really shitty for the box. If you wanted to use black hole, you would have to wait how many rounds before you could use the danm thing again. They are all pretty much the same though when it comes down to it. Time back was really useful but now we have a spell for it. I kinda agree with zechnophobe though, ball of lightning is much better than sould drain in every way. It hits three rounds in a row. The only problem i have with it is it doesn't allow you to pick the unit you want it to attack. Fiery phantoms is better than black hole because it does more damage. Underground blades and volcanoe are about even and most of the other skills are equally useful as thier counterparts. Box of rage is cooler, but the dragon is probably more useful altogether. Glots armor would be nice though.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Ok, I completely agree that the graphics for the Chest were better. Black hole had some seriously cool looking effects. Fiery Phantoms just doesn't stack up with it.

Hmm, it occurs to me that I wish the dragon also had the 'fast animation' for his abilities. Remember how the chest had two different ones for each ability, one longer than the other that showed the first time you used the ability, and like every 5th time after that, and one where the spirit basically shows up for half a sec and then does his thing?

It'd be nice to save some time on all those hunts and mana accelerators.