Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Default "Chat connection failed" -message

I have the steam version of Men Of War and after this new 1.17.5 patch, this is the message ("Chat connection failed") that I get every time I try to connect to the internet game.

I've opened the port that lobby chat uses (6667) but it doesn't help at all. I also reinstalled the game and downloaded the patch again without any results.

Thanks in advance and sorry for somewhat bad grammar.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Registered Member

Default i have the same problem

i do not know what to do, i have searched many forums for a solution to this problem and nothing seems to work.

the odd thing is: i travel between two different cities, and when i am in one city, my game works fine, but when i am in another city it says "chat connection failed."

No matter how i set my firewalls or port settings, i can never connect to the chatroom.

it sucks because men of war and men of war: AS are two of the only games i really do enjoy playing online. has anyone had this same problem and found a solution?