Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Default WTB less grind...more fun and stradegies

if you understood the "WTB" in the title, which stands for want to buy, then you probably played/play world of warcraft, which is a game that i finally quit recently after 6 years playing. the reason for my quitting WoW? because it's not fun anymore.

for beginners, the level cap in WoW got lifted with expansions, from 60 to 70, then from 70 to 80 and soon will be from 80 to 85.

at each stage of the game, i am doing the same thing over and over: gearing up my guy--->gearing up some more--->finally geared to the max so what else to do now? wait for new contents to come out, gears become outdated--->so now we are back to the beginning square.

hmmm, this sounds like the different continents in KBAP...you clear one continent by repeatedly fighting enemies of a certain strength level over and over, and you clear continents after continents...let's face it, leave 1 stack of enemy shooter/vampire/royal snake/etc and slap on a manaspring-3 on your green dragon, defend 3 turns to make 6 mana(5*3-9=15-9=6), do this over and over to make sure you have full mana after every fight, this gets boring...

after a while, the only joy and satisfaction you get is discovering new artifacts, but WAIT, in order to do a good run, i scan my beginning save to make sure that i get a good save, so i pretty much know what artifacts/scrolls i will get on each continents anyways...

i was thinking about doing a droid-team run through or a thorn-team run through but to even try to think about all the leveling i need to go through gives me such a headache that i don't even want to play this game anymore...i played heroes of might and magic 3 for over 5 years without getting bored, KBTL and KBAP have better graphics, WAY MORE INTERESTING units, yet i am losing my interest after only like a month...

Last edited by axelle; 07-10-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

So, if you find the 'sitting around mana springing' thing boring, why do it? I've honestly done it maybe.. 2 or 3 battles in my entire career with the game.

Also, the save scanner takes the fun out of finding new stuff? Don't use it.

I don't understand how you can do self-annoying behaviors and not realize what the solution is. It'd be like if someone gave you a shiny new sword, and you came back later saying how terrible it was, because you kept shoving it in your eye, and apparantly that hurt.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

It looks like you like doing the same thing for 6 years. And it clearly sounds to me that both KB's occupied you for quite a long time. You did not buy both games month ago, but something like year ago or more, did you?

You seem to do the things you hate only because you can't stop yourself. Sounds like masochism.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps you just need to drop the turn-based strategy genre and play RTS instead. Or perhaps stop playing "campaign mode" types and just play pick-up games.

For example, Warcraft 3 campaign mode still fits the bill of "grinding" levels for your main heroes. But this is not so for the one-off pickup games.

And for true diversity in strategy play against real players and not restrict yourself to the AI; because no matter how good the AI is it would always be more predictable.

If you still want some form of continuity and accomplishment, join Blizzard's online ranking system.

Sorry, both KBTL and KBAP (and most likely all other sequels) are campaign-type single-player "grinding" games...