Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Fog of War in MoW.

What do you think, guys, about the fog of war? Do you like it as it is? Would you change anything?

I know it is too short to be realistic. Like Tiger 1 can only see for 200m and this is its maximum rage of fire too. But my question is not how realistic it is but how well balanced it is for the game to play well?
I think the game is about small scale skirmishes at close range and as such it plays very well. If we had greater ranges, the maps would probably be bigger but the game would not necessarily be more enjoyable. What do you reckon?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Something could be done with this if a new patch is planned.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

I actually find the FOW in MOW groundbreaking and wouldn't change a thing. In fact, I wish other RTS games would follow suit.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

I wish it was a touch bit longer for infantry. Also, Tanks to not just dissapear when your clearly staring right at it...even with a tank....sure tanks have crappy vision but they can still see something in front of them through their optics that they are shooting...its not just going to poof and reappear, fire and poof. Also, raise awareness of infantry.....ive seen a time or two infantry walk right in front of guys or right in between a screen of guys and the whole line sits there going durka durka duh....I did it the other day in BoW mod..my dad had I guess a whole squad of Totenkoph SS laying in some grass, I walked 2 guys right through them and they sat there, meanwhile I commenced to blow up his 88 +D so yeah