Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Updates

Updates Patches, updates and related discussions

Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Dear 1C, official word on steam MoW patch?

Hello,

I am one of many Men of War owners who bought their copy on Steam. We are stuck on patch 1.11.3 for a long time now.

Now, as everyone is aware there is official patch released 1.17.5 and 1.17.5.1(hotfix) for all owners of Men of War *EXCEPT* the people who bought the game on steam. There are no updates for the game on steam and there is no official word anywhere that one can find about it. When trying to ask about it on DMS forums threads are locked and we are guided to ask these questions here.

So here it is, 1C whats the status on 1.17.5.x patch for Men of War for steam version of the game? When will it be released?

Its been almost a month now since these patches were released for everyone else but steam version owners. Are steam owners neglected for a reason? Are we not important enough?

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Guys, we sent the patch files to Steam and must be out ASAP. I'll check the situation once again.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Guys, we sent the patch files to Steam and must be out ASAP. I'll check the situation once again.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

question:

who is owner or dev from official MoW homepage? BestWay or 1C?

is it realy so hard to add a downloadlink or information from last patch (1.17.5 + .17.5.1) to official MoW homepage?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Whats the hot fix all about? gunna have to go find it
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

1.17.5.1 fixes issues with singleplayer.

I don't know whats going on with the homepage, looks like its been abandoned.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Right now the official MOW site is closed for any updates, we will place all relent files ASAP.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Hello, thanks for your replies.

I have a suggestion. If the updating of the Steam version of Man of war game takes a long process due to circumstances related to how Valve operates or whatever else here is suggestion:

Release a 1.17.5.1 patch for Steam owners of Men of War game that user can manually patch their steam version of the game. This involves disabling auto update for the game in steam and its no big deal. Many steam owners do this for other games.

Problem currently is, 1.17.5.1 seems to be out for everyone but steam owners, if the files were already sent to Valve, why not package it as manual patch for steam owners and release it for download.

thanks.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

i add my word to this, i really hope You guys already gave 1.17.5.1 to Valve and can have talk (ideally over phone) with them to put it on asap...

it's real shame that most of STEAM users can't play or refuse to play because of just 'not working/missing' patch ...

it also hurt sales and i'm pretty sure up2date Men of War with some nice discount may sell like crazy
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Right now the official MOW site is closed for any updates, we will place all relent files ASAP.
Not very encouraging since i only just a day or so ago purchased this game.

Any chance in a progress report on how talks with steam have gone? im quite abit anoyed i have just spent money on this game to then find out the only person i can play online with is the other poor steam members who cant get the patch installed due to the lack of there being one for steam atm.

There is literaly 0-1 servers up for 1.11.3/1.16 versions.

Its very fustrating seeing a huge list of servers with players who purchased a hard copy of the game and then finding out you cannot join a single one of them.

So any info you have on this situation would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks.