Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Mods

Mods Armored Princess mods

Old 03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Maelstrom: Knight Model based mod (for use with armyoflight mod)

Level 5 human unit.

Only for use with the army of light mod (converts paladins on maelstrom).

Fire damage based. Pure melee fighter.

Skills:
Circle Attack (the classic knight circle attack, but with a chance to burn the target).

Maelstrom Strike, a single hit that push the target back and have a chance to burn.

Maelstrom Execution, a single hit that deals extreme physical and fire damage.

Talents:

-Armor (the classic knight armor talent, high physical resistance).
-Dragon Slayer (the classic knight dragon slayer talent, but with damage increased).
-Fire Nature , Maelstrom inflicts fire damage on every hit, and have a high chance to burn the target, whatever he uses a normal hit or a skill.
-Fire Inmunity, Inmunity to fire magic and extreme resistance to fire damage.
-Magic Resistance, High resistance to magic.
-Head Hunter, Works like dragon slayer, but with all the level 5 units (except dragons). Besides, can hit 3 targets and burn.
-Maelstrom Strenght, works like the talent "Valor" from knights (or Mastery from paladins) but only raises the def til 20%.

Is a unit for use on hard and impossible levels, cuz i think is a bit overpowered (well, but cost 4500 ls, so i think is balanced -.-) for use on easy-normal.

Enjoy it.

P.D.: For install, just put the new files from the zip on the armyoflight corresponding folder. Some files, like the localization ones, are just modified, so u can copy-paste the new code lines (marked as NEW) or just replace your localization files at your own risk xD. I tried to keep the "maelstrom" name for the textures, but for some reason i cant understand, the game only picks the texture changes if i keep the same "knightxxx" name for the texture. Well, i didnt investigate enough, but it ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maelstrom1.jpg (73.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg maelstrom2.jpg (60.0 KB, 155 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maelstrom.zip (554.4 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by N3MES1S; 03-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

Forgot the atom file was not finished yet. Little changes to the texture too.

Decreased the leadership to 3600, and added the talent "Valor".

I hope this is the definitive version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip maelstrom.zip (287.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by N3MES1S; 03-25-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Good job ! I will try in my next game.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Thx, but i made a few changes again -.-.

I realized that the ammount of def was too high, making maelstroms almost invulnerable. I reduced the def to 59 and the physical resistance too, and the ammount of def that the valor talent (now called "Maelstrom Strenght") can raise is reduced to 20%. Now is more fun and make Maelstroms less overpowered.

I am working on a Cyclops mod (Titan) and i am almost ready to upload it once i solve a texture issue im having. By the way, if someone knows something about how the game system manage textures on KB mods give me an advise, cuz im lost -.-.

And thx, this forum is almost empty..
Attached Files
File Type: zip maelstrom.zip (9.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Sorry i don't know anything about textures or model on KB.

I have myself stopped my mod, it's pretty hard to get advice. All info are on the russian site, but it's a bit harsh to understand.

Don't you should reduce it's physical resistance to zero ? It's to easy to abuse with spell.

And i'm waiting your next mod
Old 03-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
Sorry i don't know anything about textures or model on KB.

I have myself stopped my mod, it's pretty hard to get advice. All info are on the russian site, but it's a bit harsh to understand.

Don't you should reduce it's physical resistance to zero ? It's to easy to abuse with spell.

And i'm waiting your next mod
I resolved the texture problem (needed to modify the model file with a hex editor and search for the texture its using and change it etc ) , i will post the cyclop mod soon (once i check all the files are ok). If u need some advice about modding (i am getting pro for moments lool) just ask, maybe i can help u. In the end is easier than it seems.

About the Maelstrom def, is intented to have a lot of physical resistance and high def (it is the character theme lol), but if u noticed, black dragons has almost the same def rating, and white dragons from the armyoflight mod has more def than maelstrom (but a bit less physical resistance). So i think is balanced. Maybe the speed should be 2 instead of 3, but i wanted to make it more useful (and not need to wait 3 turns till he gets to the other side of the combat screen..).
Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Please, give us the interesting Maelstrom mod in 1 integrated file if possible.

Question: it is neccessary to unzip the files to install Maelstrom mod - or not?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Thx, yup, as i said this mod is for use with the armyoflight mod, and u need to unzip the contents in the right folder of the armyoflight mod. In the armyoflight mod, for example u have a folder called "models". Well, u need to unzip the contents of the folder "models" from the zip to the folder "models" of the armyoflight mod, replacing when asked (make a backup just in case).

Here is the complete version in 1 zip file (with all the files needed).

But i am leaving the KB's modding scene cuz i have stupid problems with the textures, and i dont know wats going on. I gave up, cuz there are nobody that can help me in this matter and the original forums are in russian. Katauri doesnt support people that make mods neither, so i think Maelstrom is the only mod im gonna make. Enjoy it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maelstrom.zip (558.5 KB, 72 views)