Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Time ago I thought Baal was hard to kill... then I saw the power of the repair droid!

Sorry for starting a new topic but having deserted the forum for almost two months the old running topics are buried below a lot of new stuff.

When I got my hands on KBAP I immediately launched on a mage-impossible campaign confiding in my knowledge of KBtL. As I stated in a previous thread, all went well until K'Tahu and Baal, even if in the end, with a lot of patience and thanks to some useful suggestions, I completed the game. So I embarked on a replay aiming to do what the grandmasters of the game, like dobrev, do so often: a no-loss game.

I went warrior this time, and here is what I found out:

1) warrior is certainly a lot easier than mage;

2) lvl 60 is certainly possible (meanwhile it has been done, but back in 2009 there was still discussion going on);

3) (and this is the main point of my post) the unit that makes no-loss a no-brainer, IMHO, is the repair droid. By dividing them in two stacks you can auto-repair from almost nothing, without depending on mana. Of course you can throw in the guard droid stack to make things easier, but while two months ago I couldn't imagine how to beat Baal without losses, now I think the whole game can be done with just the repair droids and nothing else. Baal went down in 7 rounds, another 2 to mop up his summons...

4) obviously playing with only droids is not great fun, so I did some fights adding other units. A funny thing in my final score is that as the seventh most efficient unit the executioners are listed, while actually I never recruited a single one of them. But the demonologists liked to summon them.

Again, apologies to the people I bothered back then complaining about difficulties born only from my inadequate comprehension of the game and to the people I bother know with this topic.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp a04.bmp (2.25 MB, 123 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Like I said before, Black Dragons or Droids are mage's best friends for a no loss victory.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

I don't know about the black dragons. On my first trial as a mage on impossible Baal shred them to pieces.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Yes, in some boss battles dragons don't fit, but for everything else they are the best, especially item upgrading and suppression and Gremlion.

I think I also used them to beat huge stacks of Shamans with no losses, you know when they use their magic axes they actually instantly kill whole stack of droids.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

True, but black dragons are quite unfit for a no-loss game. And since in my last game (as a warrior) I had, if I remember correctly, 1,174 repair droids divided in two stacks of 587 each losing 60-70 each round due to Baal or K'Tahu or Gremlion mass attack is no problem, they just replenish each other and you can always phantom in more if needed.

As for quickly dispatching gremlin towers when suppressing items, I like the archdemons, which - through demonologists - have the advantage you can actually resurrect them.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

I use black dragons in no-loss all the time. Secret? Don't let them die . They are amazingly hardy.

Oh, but yeah, don't even get them near Ktahu or Baal. PFah, that's madness. Rest of the game though, fast and efficient no -lossers.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Just finished a normal mage game, and I used black dragons ever since I could lay my hands on the first one. Their immunity to magic is perfect for the mage, as it lets you concentrate on damaging the opponent and boosting your intellect - got it up to 63, woohoo!

Next up - either warrior or paladin on hard.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Ahhh... more discusions on solo unit tactics. I, for one, prefer black knights or bone dragons since I play warrior that has a skill dedicated to undead.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Ahhh... more discusions on solo unit tactics. I, for one, prefer black knights or bone dragons since I play warrior that has a skill dedicated to undead.
It's actually quite unfair that the game gives such huge bonuses to undead faction since most people don't like undead, why don't humans have such bonuses?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hento View Post
It's actually quite unfair that the game gives such huge bonuses to undead faction since most people don't like undead, why don't humans have such bonuses?
I like undead. I thought they were the coolest units in KBTL, so it pained me to only use them sporadically in that game since there was no way to resurrect them (and I always play no-loss).

Humans get it from items, and fixed ones at that. You start the game with an artifact that gives humans +1 morale. Then there's the Inquisitor's Blade from a quest.