Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Mage companion dilemma

I'm a level 17 mage on normal and I've been planning all along to recruit Elenhel for the +4 intellect bonus as soon as I reached intellect level 20. However, I have just now found the potion for my current companion, Jim Crowd, that makes him beautiful again, which gives me another +700 leadership.

So now I'm in a bit of a dilemma - is 700 leadership worth losing for 4 intellect? Also, the different slots make me sorta reluctant to switch because I don't know how much I'll like Elenhel's slots (no weapon, bleh). Not saying I have good items equipped atm (actually, mediocre at best) just that I like to stick to companions for as long as possible.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Elenhel = Free wanderer's scroll every 30 battles + Mana recharge. That cannot be beaten by +700 leadership. The +4 Intellect is a good bonus, and it acts like a 5th slot for a weapon, without the need to equip it. Besides, his slots are not bad at all. As a mage, pumping up attack and hoping your troops will do the majority of the damage is not very efficient (albeit easily doable), because you are not a warrior and your leadership is low. Slap some good offensive gloves (the new gift bag has a bunch of those that boost intellect, mana or spell powr) or the gloves of necropolis in his slot and you will be just fine. The dress he can wear can be pretty much anything - the +1000 leadership one, the +2 Def/+2 Int, the +5% resist, or the dress of the magess if you can find it. Never underestimate Elenhel's slots With the new gift bag, mage + elenhel can get up to 75 intellect before any shrine or other bonuses from game objects kick in.

The way you have it, the dilemma is whether to get +700 leadership or +4 intellect and +150 leadership. I would choose the latter any day

So, get Elenhel, pump up your intellect, put in some decent items in his slots and start utilizing the offensive spells
Old 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
1. With the new gift bag, mage + elenhel can get up to 75 intellect before any shrine or other bonuses from game objects kick in.

2. The way you have it, the dilemma is whether to get +700 leadership or +4 intellect and +150 leadership. I would choose the latter any day

3. So, get Elenhel, pump up your intellect, put in some decent items in his slots and start utilizing the offensive spells
1. Good lord! What was the limit in TL? What about AP without the bag?

2. Well, I've used the vial on Jimmy already, so that's out...

3. Will do, I guess.

BTW, any general guidelines as to when to use wanderer's scrolls? Before boss battles? I've hardly used any at all.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

1. 70 That equals +500% spell damage.

As for the wanderers scrolls, here goes:

Titan Sword, Titan Armor, Fortune Smile - keep those for the fights with bosses, heroes and castle sieges.
Ancient Knowledge - use this against heroes level 40+ and bosses. Since it's enough for 5 combats, leave the heroes alive and then simply slap on the scroll and mop them up after you cleaned up the area.
Flaming eyes - keep this for bosses only. +20% leadership against bosses helps immensely.
Depth of though, mad rage, magical flow and such - use those against bosses and when you feel your max rage or mana may not cut it.
Song of the Wind, Call Death, Call Collosus - those are best used when you have the need for extra troops. Call Collosus scroll is extremely useful early i the game, as it will spawn a lvl 5 unit which alone may beat up the enemy troops even on impossible. All it needs is some help from spells.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
1. Good lord! What was the limit in TL? What about AP without the bag?

2. Well, I've used the vial on Jimmy already, so that's out...

3. Will do, I guess.

BTW, any general guidelines as to when to use wanderer's scrolls? Before boss battles? I've hardly used any at all.
I have found 3 of the vials thus far in my current game, so no worries.