Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Approved Member

Default My attempt at getting the highest score

HI, ( aiming for 0 loss too)

I'm going debir->scarlet -> rusty -> verona-> mont -> verona-> bolo as the first route. I'm in Rusty atm.

I'm trying to use the "1 dragon" technique. I've discovered it's very slow lol. I killed hector norbo, the guy near the tent on scarlet, with 1 bone dragon and no mana. I just flew around for 3 turns, then would cast it's poison spray, then repeat again and again and again, until everything was dead.

I'm on Rusty now, and have 1 green, 1 red and 1 bone dragon.

Given that I don't have the fear spell, my fire arrow does 90 points of damage, healing heals for 75 dam, I "have" to use the dragons to do all the damage, or most of it. I don't know how else others killed the enemies on Rusty. Also, there was the joy that the creeps guarding the map to Verona were unkiteable.

So, I fought the map guards with my 3 dragons and 3% bonus physical resist. I had to kill about 100 bowmen, 50 inquisitors, and lots and lots of hand to hand guys. It was round 15 when the the last of the "shooters" finally fell, with some amazingly crazy kiting so I could hit the archers and not get hit by the tonne of hand to hand guys. After round 3 my bone dragon had just 1 hp left, so that 3% phys resist actually came in handy, and he didn't do much for the rest of the fight.

Then it was the spectre of the Hector norbo fight, of running around in circles, using the dragons special attacks.

Anyway the fight took a mere 2 hours. Ouch. And there's about 6~7 more fights like it.... + many many more in other continents.

So, for the 1 dragon style, do you go hard on levelling chaos magic, so you can kill stuff faster, or go for higher magic, or go for level 2 healing spell? I think the lev 2 healing spell might be the way to go. ( I have level 2 concentration)
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

It is slow indeed. I was met by the same choice. I picked higher magic lvl 1 first and then went the order route. The idea was that Flaming arrow is 5 mana and I can always slap the 2 post effects with those casts (flaming for 5 mana and poison skull).

However, if you feel that your green/red dragon is getting hammered, healing is the way to go.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Ok,

Decided to get level 3 order instead of higher magic and it got me through the bridge guardian to monterro. I use guardian angel at the start, then try and cosy up with the archers, and heal 415 health every turn. Decided to just use the red dragon. It's way faster than using 3, which is anti-logical in some ways. I found it was too hard finding "safe " spots for 3 dragons.

I didn't have fear and my magic arrow did 200 dam, so I just healed my dragon again and again for 30 or so turns, so my one dragon did 78% of the damage, which I found pretty funny.

Had to "kite" monterro, so lost some time there, but it was absolutely necessary. I don't lose time travelling on the monterro bridge. I think the rest of the game should fall fairly easily for now on.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

I'm doing a similar attempt (no-loss/level 60/7 days) with a warrior and I find it faster to add droids (guard droids and 2 repair droid stacks) than attempt to solo fight the enemies with dragons. You have to go Debir-Scarlet-Bolo-Verona-Rusty-Debir initially for this though.

I had the extreme fortune of getting a bunch of call colossus scrolls (1 dug at Debir, 1 dug at Scarlet, 1 duplicate navi map at Scarlet, 1 dug at Bolo) and used one at Scarlet to get a red dragon to clear all enemies there (except for rob cuttlefish cave) and used another one at Bolo to get a black dragon.

Even with a black and red dragon, battles were either easy+long or hard+long. Filling up the 3 extra slots with the droids sped up the battles and made them a lot easier because:

1) droids draw enemy and hero attacks, and can tank big time since you just repair them

2) droids are mobile, with repair droids at movement 5 and guard droids at movement 3; very easy to keep them alive and they help pick up chests

3) droids have high phyisical and poison resistance

4) you can Sacrifice the droids to top up your other troops and just use their repair to bring back lost units; I believe you could even Sacrifice 1 repair droid stack to top up the other repair droid stack, replenishing itself whenever you get more leadership

5) the repair ability of repair droids is even more overpowered than what Eviln does for undead; it has a repair per leadership ratio of 85% to repair another stack of repair droids, 82% to repair guard droids; and this is a RELOAD ability ; this makes the 30% level 3 Eviln weak by comparison

Having fast and easy battles allowed me to reload fights until I got good chest rewards from the 3 dug chests per battle; I usually reload until I get runes/crystals/wanderer scrolls. Case in point, I have dug up 18 wanderer scrolls out of 176 chests.

I cleared Bolo of all enemies using the setup black dragon/repair droid/guard droid/repair droid/red dragon. Currently just arrived at Verona. Once I have enough mana to power Eviln I will replace the black and red dragons with bone dragons and black knights, further making the attempt for no-loss easier.

I haven't played mage, but you might want to give droids a try. Given that you have taken out the guard at the Montero bridge, you might want to reload from a save game from your Montero visit and get droids there.

EDIT: Just tried it, you can Sacrifice droids, but you can't Sacrifice other units to top them up. So the only way to have more droids is to buy more droids. This kinda sucks, I was really looking forward to a self-sustaining army. The droid-undead army would still work, but the two reserve slots would be taken up by extra repair and guard droids that you need to buy in advance.

Last edited by loreangelicus; 02-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
I'm doing a similar attempt (no-loss/level 60/7 days) with a warrior and I find it faster to add droids (guard droids and 2 repair droid stacks) than attempt to solo fight the enemies with dragons. You have to go Debir-Scarlet-Bolo-Verona-Rusty-Debir initially for this though.

I had the extreme fortune of getting a bunch of call colossus scrolls (1 dug at Debir, 1 dug at Scarlet, 1 duplicate navi map at Scarlet, 1 dug at Bolo) and used one at Scarlet to get a red dragon to clear all enemies there (except for rob cuttlefish cave) and used another one at Bolo to get a black dragon.

Even with a black and red dragon, battles were either easy+long or hard+long. Filling up the 3 extra slots with the droids sped up the battles and made them a lot easier because:

1) droids draw enemy and hero attacks, and can tank big time since you just repair them

2) droids are mobile, with repair droids at movement 5 and guard droids at movement 3; very easy to keep them alive and they help pick up chests

3) droids have high phyisical and poison resistance

4) you can Sacrifice the droids to top up your other troops and just use their repair to bring back lost units; I believe you could even Sacrifice 1 repair droid stack to top up the other repair droid stack, replenishing itself whenever you get more leadership

5) the repair ability of repair droids is even more overpowered than what Eviln does for undead; it has a repair per leadership ratio of 85% to repair another stack of repair droids, 82% to repair guard droids; and this is a RELOAD ability ; this makes the 30% level 3 Eviln weak by comparison

Having fast and easy battles allowed me to reload fights until I got good chest rewards from the 3 dug chests per battle; I usually reload until I get runes/crystals/wanderer scrolls. Case in point, I have dug up 18 wanderer scrolls out of 176 chests.

I cleared Bolo of all enemies using the setup black dragon/repair droid/guard droid/repair droid/red dragon. Currently just arrived at Verona. Once I have enough mana to power Eviln I will replace the black and red dragons with bone dragons and black knights, further making the attempt for no-loss easier.

I haven't played mage, but you might want to give droids a try. Given that you have taken out the guard at the Montero bridge, you might want to reload from a save game from your Montero visit and get droids there.
I think the repair droids will work well with a warrior game, although there are some battles I think might be untankable, and you have to use kiting tactics that the guard droid will struggle with. When I hit Bolo I'll grab a couple of droids, and see if I can make a new red dragon.

The chest idea is pretty good. You could drink a potion of rage before a battle and open 3 chests and see what they are. Then reload without drinking the potion and I think the chest remain the same ? If you spawn a 1 new thorn, I think you'd get 3 new random chests. I'll have to try that tactic. Arg! - 3 or 4 reloads before every battle?, but probably worth it to maximise ancient knowledge scrolls/ runes.

Elvin level 1 only heals 10%, on 1 bone dragon it's worse that level 1 heal.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

The chests changes in each battle. Regardles of using an egg or not.

You cannot sneak peek with higher magic, Awaken dragon and a rage potion.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwan View Post
I think the repair droids will work well with a warrior game, although there are some battles I think might be untankable, and you have to use kiting tactics that the guard droid will struggle with. When I hit Bolo I'll grab a couple of droids, and see if I can make a new red dragon.

The chest idea is pretty good. You could drink a potion of rage before a battle and open 3 chests and see what they are. Then reload without drinking the potion and I think the chest remain the same ? If you spawn a 1 new thorn, I think you'd get 3 new random chests. I'll have to try that tactic. Arg! - 3 or 4 reloads before every battle?, but probably worth it to maximise ancient knowledge scrolls/ runes.

Elvin level 1 only heals 10%, on 1 bone dragon it's worse that level 1 heal.
I only replay battles that are both easy and fast (around 7 turns to finish). You could change the position and resulting chest contents by "inspecting" the chest position at different times. For example:

Try 1: start of battle, use dragon dig ability to check where chests are
Try 2: move and complete action of 1st unit; on 2nd unit's turn use dragon dig ability to check where chests are
Try 3: move and complete action of 1st unit; move and complete action of 2nd unit;on 3rd unit's turn use dragon dig ability to check where chests are

When inspecting, you don't even need to immediately use the dragon dig ability; the inspection "locks" the position of the chests, and resulting contents.

As for Eviln, it shines mid to late game; the more leadership you have the better it works. At 30,000 leadership when you have 200 black knights (at 150 leadership each) that is a total of 32,000 HP at 160 HP per BK. 10% of that is 3,200 HP, so level 3 Eviln at 30% is 9,600 HP or 60 BKs resurrected.

The Resurrect spell for the living cannot compare to the power of Eviln for the undead. Even Heal (while admittedly efficient) can't compare, and there is the point that it can't bring back lost units.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:07 AM
Approved Member

Yep, it does appear that you can "sneek" peak the chests. You just need to be clever about it using the above technique.

I'm very keen on getting some black knights. It still takes a while to bring down huge stacks with just 1 dragon, like 190 paladins.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

The problem with doing solo unit fights (black knights excluded) is that you don't generate enough rage, probably just enough to do the 3 treasure digs. This also means you don't get to level up your pet dragon too much.

For tough enemies like paladins/dragons/etc. the pet dragon ability Ball Lightning and Eviln are quite useful. These two attack options take out a percentage of the enemy stack, no matter what defense or resistances they have.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Approved Member

"The problem with doing solo unit fights (black knights excluded) is that you don't generate enough rage, probably just enough to do the 3 treasure digs. This also means you don't get to level up your pet dragon too much."

Yeah, you'd think that, but my play style makes my dragon level fast, atm the moment I'm level 19 and my pet dragon is 20. I went hard on order magic, so I send my dragon in, and put on guardian angel, then heal the red dragon after most turns with 1 mana. Guardian angel seems to make a fair chunk of rage, it's like 5~6 free attacks. All the hitting, zapping, healing etc makes rage gen. fairly good.

Free Dragon egg units I usually try to send to there death, and they can sometimes pay there rage cost, I even occasionally cook them with my red dragon to get the rage happening. I usually go the ball of lightning though.

My big issue right now is ancient knowledge scrolls, I've got none . and the save game scan says there are none available. The replay the game to get better chests things give me more scrolls, runes, etc, but still no ancient knowledge scrolls. I wish could do that with wanderer scrolls that you "swap" when you have the continent map.

I just got +50% to XP from items +learning skill atm, so maybe that will help, but i suspect I have to find a lot more ancient knowledge scrolls. I have found about 15 wanderer scrolls so far, so it sux that none are ancient knowledge.