Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Your favourite army?

Well stuck with my impossible warrior in Shettera (other maps reveal: all from left side plus shettera).
Not because i cannot move on but i do not know with what army i would like to move and sadly this game do not give enough money to jump from troops to troops.

I could go with standard combo paladins, royal griffins and archmages plus two addition units ( my mage preferred shamans and inq. for support but for warrior i think 2x elfish archers would be much better). It is very strong combo.

Or go with demons?
My Mage used in KB:L this setup:
-Demonness (Sukkubs)
-2x imps
-Demons
-Necromancer
But it was based on high ressurection as demons were tossed into middle of army to get full potential from they unlimited retaliate. Plus geyser was working nice with all this aoe attacks from the rest but for warrior will not work mostly because of weak ressurection (while i am not sure how much it get per int)

Maybe Demonology, 2 x imps, Archdemons, inq. (if their ability can res Arch, Edit: looks like it cannot hmm).

I have two +1 dmg items so going lvl1 army would give me nice damage maybe fairies combo? With this demon guy?

Need help!

What is your favorite army that you enjoyed? (Other than solo Black Knight ).

Last edited by Smash; 01-21-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Black, Red, Green, Bone Dragons + 1 more (Archdemons, cyclops, trolls, ogres). If you work it right, this is generally ridiculous. Dragonflies would be an interesting other option (They get effects that effect dragons, like Heart of the Dragon item).

The all summon army is kinda fun too:

Dryad
Royal Thorns
Chosha
Royal Griffons
Demonologists

Phantoming Dryads can be a powerful force, and large numbers of thorns can weather a lot of fights. Kinda fragile to fast high init units though.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Well... My favorite army usually varies - it depends on the game I'm playing and what kind of items I can find.

In my last game - playing a mage that uses mainly her spellbook, favorite army up until lvl 43 or so (around 43-45 I beat up the dragon lair in Montero) was 1 Black Dragon spawned from an egg (only), backed up by some Black Knights who saw first blood in the siege of Demenion's castle around lvl 46...

But in general, there goes:

Warrior/Paladin
-Paladins
-Knights
-Archmagi
-Demonologists
-Horsemen

Human units are very easy to play with and easily get morale bonuses due to the multitute of items that grant them.

Mage
- something small with a lot of HP so that it can survive or a stack of Black Knights with Splinter of Darkness. If I can get a Call Collosus spell at first, it's perfect. Actually, I should have saved my current game at start and go for the big result, but I was stupid... Got Call Collosus in the training fights. Silly me.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

I have too many favorite units, much more than 5 - so it takes much more than one playthrough to use them all.

My absolute favorite unit (at least as a mage) must be the Necromancer, because it allows you to play with some attitude! Destroy an enemy stack, raise it and put Kamikaze on it! It gives me the same feeling I had when I was playing Jagged Allience 2. That game was full of attitude and sarcastic comments - where the most memorable is Ivans dry "Buy Buy" when he had just killed an enemy

My current setup as a warrior is rather standard, with
Demonologists
Paladins
Inquisitors
Royal Griffins
Cyclops
Earlier I had 4 Archmages instead of the Demonologists, but since I could not find more of them and because the Guardian Angel medal is completed I exchanged them. Currently I do not need the shield. Will probably put them back in for the boss fights...

I have also played with the following teams that were great:
Vampires
Ancient Vampires
Black Knights
Bone Dragons
and the Necromancers!!!

Choshas
Tirexes
Brontors
Hayterants
Inquisitors

Elfs
Paladins
Inquisitors
Green Dragons
Red Dragons

I do not like the high level units of the elves (Ents and Ancient Ents). They are too slow and burn too easily. Have anybody any good experiences with them?

Last edited by ivra; 01-21-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

My army as a mage for the moment

Green dragons/Giants - switching
Inqusitors
Paladins
Royal Griffins
Trolls

At level 35 more or less.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

I can never get behind Giants. They just don't seem to do enough damage for their leadership. Do they at least generate a lot of rage?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

I've seen to like:
paladin
royal snake
royal griffon
--
and then some combination of
green dragons
dryad
shaman
archmages
inquistor
elven archers
--
dependent on what class i play and what i fight.