Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Default ultimate chalenge

there is whole bunch of us who have finished the game on impossible no loss.
So here comes the ultimate chalenge:

1) impossible difficulty - naturally
2) no loss of unit whatsoever
3) no wanderer scrolls used. I personally used them only fighting Baal and K'tahu so i guess it can be done
4) no 5th level creatures used in the army. that pretty much makes paladin as the only option for tank i guess
5) no map kiting at all, you can force the creatures to move though. This is where it gets tough, first 4 islands I mean
6) for utter crazy folks - no pet dragon usage. He stays at level 1 just eating apples by the battlefied

anyone up for a challenge? Then you can say you conquered the game once and for all
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impy View Post
there is whole bunch of us who have finished the game on impossible no loss.
So here comes the ultimate chalenge:

1) impossible difficulty - naturally
2) no loss of unit whatsoever
3) no wanderer scrolls used. I personally used them only fighting Baal and K'tahu so i guess it can be done
4) no 5th level creatures used in the army. that pretty much makes paladin as the only option for tank i guess
5) no map kiting at all, you can force the creatures to move though. This is where it gets tough, first 4 islands I mean
6) for utter crazy folks - no pet dragon usage. He stays at level 1 just eating apples by the battlefied

anyone up for a challenge? Then you can say you conquered the game once and for all
lol

You can't avoid losing a unit for due to bosses casting magic for a start

Try again
Old 01-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Well, I guess he means going through the game without losing a unit in the end. Otherwise I agree - it is impossible to do a playthrough in which you never ever lose a unit on the battlefield. Suffice it to say that against K'Tahu, Gremlion and Baal you always start at a disadvantage, because the boss always does his mass attack when the battle starts (those usually inflict a minimum of 1500 damage) and you can do nothing to modify his behaviour to skip that.

No wanderers scrolls means you'll be ending the game around lvl 52-55, which isn't that big of a bother.
No lvl 5 creatures is also ok - I don't like them at all - although lvl 5 creatures help to make the easiest start of the game.
No map kiting at all is also no problem if you can get paladins on Scarlet Wind and in Debir after you return the stone.
No pet dragon usage... One can live without a dragon for a while, but... The dragon wins a lot of fights in the beginning and is an extremely important source of cash. It will be very tough without the little fellow

So, the challenge is interesting, and impy most certainly put some thought in making it. I won't be one of the ones who attempt it though... I already squeezed the game as much as I wanted and all I require from it now is hours of fun time, finding new ways (and new lineups) to beat up the poor unsuspecting enemies.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Nice challenge, but I'd rather try for goals that could be seen in the final record.

Anyways, I haven't seen anyone who has done this in one game:

1) impossible difficulty
2) 7 days (or less, if even possible)
3) level 60 character
4) no losses
5) level 60 pet dragon

The first three goals also push you to the highest score possible.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Oh... oh... I got one!

1) Play the game till you're Level 10.
2) Don't touch the game for 3 weeks.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinGold View Post
Oh... oh... I got one!

1) Play the game till you're Level 10.
2) Don't touch the game for 3 weeks.

Oh right, like that's even possible. Be reasonable.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Well, I guess he means going through the game without losing a unit in the end. Otherwise I agree - it is impossible to do a playthrough in which you never ever lose a unit on the battlefield. Suffice it to say that against K'Tahu, Gremlion and Baal you always start at a disadvantage, because the boss always does his mass attack when the battle starts (those usually inflict a minimum of 1500 damage) and you can do nothing to modify his behaviour to skip that.

No wanderers scrolls means you'll be ending the game around lvl 52-55, which isn't that big of a bother.
No lvl 5 creatures is also ok - I don't like them at all - although lvl 5 creatures help to make the easiest start of the game.
No map kiting at all is also no problem if you can get paladins on Scarlet Wind and in Debir after you return the stone.
No pet dragon usage... One can live without a dragon for a while, but... The dragon wins a lot of fights in the beginning and is an extremely important source of cash. It will be very tough without the little fellow

So, the challenge is interesting, and impy most certainly put some thought in making it. I won't be one of the ones who attempt it though... I already squeezed the game as much as I wanted and all I require from it now is hours of fun time, finding new ways (and new lineups) to beat up the poor unsuspecting enemies.
Bummer, I was hoping players like Dobrev will jump on it. I disagree with one statement - dragon wins lots of fights in beginning...with mage? Source of cash? yes, he is very handy, but no loss means you only invest in increasing your army+other line-up. I think it is doable, that's why i called it ultimate challenge.
time limit is out of question for me. This game is like chess to me. finding the proper and best move, time is not the issue.
i guess i'll have to do it myself
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Well... I'd love to try, but I've been playing KBAP 6 months more (the launch of the russian version) than most people here... This is why I tend to look at the game as a source of fun and relaxation right now

I'll keep your challenge in mind. It sounds like a very adequate test of one's mettle However, I doubt I'll be able to do it without the dragon. As a mage you're way too low on leadership in the beginning of the game and the dragon makes quite a difference. As a warrior, the dragon is like your spellbook, so playing without it will be really, really hard.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Why not just add another requirement?

Stick with 5 units. You cannot change your army lineup once you get the last one filled.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

It's easy to add requirements, the harder part is keeping them Against the final bosses, changes in the lineup may be necessary to do it without a loss