Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Default YS flight sim

Anyone played this.

Its a free flight simulator. Very basic graphics but solid physics and a wide selection on aircraft.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/ysflight/...hor/e2009.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_03 Dec. 18 11.28.jpg (120.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 18 11.36.jpg (58.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 18 11.37.jpg (62.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_06 Dec. 18 11.39.jpg (60.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_07 Dec. 18 11.41.jpg (80.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth finger View Post
Anyone played this.

Its a free flight simulator. Very basic graphics but solid physics and a wide selection on aircraft.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/ysflight/...hor/e2009.html
I've played since about 2 years ago. I've hunted down and downloaded just about every free flight sim in existence.

For better aircraft, there's quite a few user-created plane sets, missions and maps. One of them is called Task Force 58, includes about 20 different f-18's and a zillion mig-21's. some others, I can't remember what they're called. I've got 3 versions of su-37, and an f-35 and a yak-38, where the vtol works. There's no ovt on the 37 unfortunately.

YS released a new version this year with vastly improved AI, and better flight recording features.

The best free flight sim I've ever seen is called Targetware. It's not finished, and hardly anyone ever plays online, but it's way realistic. Decent graphics too.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

you got a link for targetware? (i know i could google it but i'm lazy and need to cook dinner)
Old 12-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

http://www.targetware.net

you will need Java Runtime enabled to use the installer, since they're a little proprietary about it, it's considered a commercial game in beta, though it's had that status for years

Once you're up to speed, let me know and we'll have a battle in target tobruk "war in the desert" scenario.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

sounds good
Old 12-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Approved Member

Anyone try Target Tobruk? I might dl it if it's free to play.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

yes, of course it's free... the other modules are richthofen's skies, war over poland, target rabaul, and the original target korea.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

I cant download any of the mods for http://www.targetware.net one.. it downloads it and then says it cant unzip it.. what do i do?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

I vaguely remember it gave me a big headache at first... you're supposed to make an account (free) and then when you dl the engine, you go to the mod page and it downloads the modules.

That is, dl the engine, make an account, start the engine, type in your name and pass, and then you dl the mods from within the engine.

They do it like that cause they plan to sell it one day, if they ever finish it.

Did you get the right installer, there's windows, mac and linux. The windows installer is a self-extractor I think... I use linux so I'm not sure
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
I vaguely remember it gave me a big headache at first... you're supposed to make an account (free) and then when you dl the engine, you go to the mod page and it downloads the modules.

That is, dl the engine, make an account, start the engine, type in your name and pass, and then you dl the mods from within the engine.

They do it like that cause they plan to sell it one day, if they ever finish it.

Did you get the right installer, there's windows, mac and linux. The windows installer is a self-extractor I think... I use linux so I'm not sure
I got the right one and in the end I downloaded the korea one manualy. Now to get the flipping thing to work with my thrustmaster...