Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Default Borgs last flight

hi guys i want to ask for some tips for this mission! i always lose all aa guns! the tommys killed me all the time and how can i win?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Play on easy level first, then the harder difficulties.

Defend your flanks, counter attack, use artillery barages and flares.
When you call in reinforcements, get infantry almost all the time and evenly distribute them. The AA guns don't really need to be defended if I remember, but they are useful.
Thats the basics of this mission, just defend.

Thats all I can say for now.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Default re

yes but what about the tanks? i must kill the tanks!!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Get atleast one tiger tank to block the road near the destroyer, your tiger should last awhile. The Flak-88s can help destroy the tanks, as well as the artillery barrage. What you can really do is delay the tanks by infantry and then sneak in a AT grenade. Calling in a Pak-40 will be very helpful too.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

I forgot what it was that you should do in the mission but i just wanted to say that this is one of the best mission in the game u get to play BIG stuff haha...
Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Smile Tiger ammo

the tiger in last german mission has only 25 shells each i found out where to get more! theres somewhere a destroyed tiger tank (the burning one) get in the truck on the hill next to your start position and just drive to the tiger wreck and get the ammo!!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

There is also 88 ammo in the crates beside the 88 on the right side.

The main downside to this mission is the way it forces you to go after the rocket launchers even if you held the first line(where you could just send down a tank to deal with them), the last time I done this all my infantry where killed and the allies where using my 4 tanks as cover as I had them on hold fire, I had to do a couple of reloads to save the Tiger but lost most of my tanks to AT grenades.

Last edited by insolent1; 04-22-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

I hate this mission.........its laggy, the planes are annoyingly deadly and the side mission to kil the rockets is impossible...Plus its a mission where you fight only to have to lose in the end......I hate missions where you fight but have to lose to win......I lost my Tiger early to a P51 rocket.......yeah....gay mission
Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

Yea the p-51s seem to be using Lazar guided bombs and rockets. I wouldn't have minded the secondary mission if I had more time. If your using vehicles and troops that you put in yourself, the game will play on(the mission still ends,everybody leaves but the game keeps going). It's mostly infantry but the snipers and the flamethrowers are deadly. I played that part just as much.

Last edited by kane1; 04-24-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane1 View Post
If your using vehicles and troops that you put in yourself, the game will play on..
Lolz, this might have been my problem when I played it last......I think by the time the minimission comes around your supposed to NOT be holding the front line.....I was. It turns out the mini mission crosses the road right in front of the front line and the Brits were unloading right were I needed to be and kept spotting me and give me a taste of some 50caliber lead off the Shermmys.....so yeah it was gay. I had put in like 4 squads of men 4 Tanks 2 88s and Hummels...i was totally intent on holding that line until I found out the side mission is scrapped if you hold the front. Also, I dont think the mission ends till you fall back anyway...