Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Default What do you guys mean by "no losses"?

I keep seeing a lot of threads about "no loss" this and "no loss" that. Does it mean that you guys go into battle without a single loss of unit throughout the game? I find this to be impossible. For instance, if you have 10 units of knights in your party and at the end of the battle encounter, you still have all 10 units and absolutely no single loss to any of your other units?

Or do you guys mean that "no loss" meaning that you don't lose the battle. Losing a battle means that you have to instantly start back at the castle where you are giving a certain number of troops and gold?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

A No-Loss campaign means that throughout the game at the end of a battle you have 0 units lost, you leave with the exact same amount that you walked in with. Summons do not count as they are not permanent creatures, and resurrecting units in the battle (paladins, inquisitors, ressurection order magic) is a viable and actually necessary to complete. If you check the high scores and look at battle statistics one of the stats shown is units lost in battle. The objective of a No-Loss Impossible campaign is to have a 0 by the time you finish the game. It is not impossible, but it is very hard at times and requires some innovative thinking as some battles, typically with heroes, can be quite frustrating.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
A No-Loss campaign means that throughout the game at the end of a battle you have 0 units lost, you leave with the exact same amount that you walked in with. Summons do not count as they are not permanent creatures, and resurrecting units in the battle (paladins, inquisitors, ressurection order magic) is a viable and actually necessary to complete. If you check the high scores and look at battle statistics one of the stats shown is units lost in battle. The objective of a No-Loss Impossible campaign is to have a 0 by the time you finish the game. It is not impossible, but it is very hard at times and requires some innovative thinking as some battles, typically with heroes, can be quite frustrating.
Well said, one side-note I quite like the demonologists's "thread of life" skill for ressurecting.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

In most of the battles, I am able to finish without any losses but I find it very difficult against any heroes since they tend to use flame arrows on one or more troops. You can of course saved the game before going into combat and then reload but to me, that's a bit over-kill
Old 11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

There's a trick to fighting enemy heroes though that I discovered pretty quickly. More often than not they will actually fire their spells based on certain conditions. For example, I had picked up cyclops on Bolo island before clearing the level 5 castle (excessive I know) on Debir. I had my inquisitors in the far right position at the start of battle, I hasted my snakes to get into lunge range and would always kill the first stack of skeleton archers. However whenever I did this, he would cast phoenix and it would always attack my royal thorns/bears and would do insane damage (partially because of -fire resist, and the burning that followed) making it impossible for me to resurrection multiple stacks with just inquisitors. After this failed 3 times, I switched it up. I didn't rush my snakes up and just waited, ancient vampires get the next turn and he casts poison skull on my inquisitors. Now that wasn't particularily the problem, what was the problem was the following turns of spell casting that killed a different stack. So I moved my army around putting the Cyclops where the inquisitors were. Now when I waited my snakes, he wouldn't cast poison skull on my cyclops, but on the royal thorns that were right next to them. As you should know, plants are highly resistant to poison spells so I suffered very little damage and I was ready for the next round of spells, and to my luck he cast it on my cyclops which obviously did very little damage.
Thats just one example, even though a hero may be casting something like flaming arrow that burns a high life unit for tons of damage on several different mobs making it impossible to ressurect both stacks without paladins or if you aren't quite so lucky enough, resurrection magic, there are ways to outsmart them. Remember this is just simple AI, they are coded to do certain things in certain situations so experiment! If you have some patience and don't mind reloading the same fight 10+ times (like I have done in some cases) then you will eventually find a solution. You can't win every fight right away either, run around and look for another army that might be heavily melee oriented if you have the control spells (slow, dragon kick, etc) and ranged damage/tanks to deal with it.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGuy View Post
I keep seeing a lot of threads about "no loss" this and "no loss" that. Does it mean that you guys go into battle without a single loss of unit throughout the game? I find this to be impossible.
Nonsense, I completed original on hard with knight and mage with zero losses.

Also completed Starcraft campaign with zero losses, Tiberium Wars etc. etc.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

With 2 kids, wife, full time job there's no way I could do a "zero" loss game, as it'd take me hours just to replay certain battles over and over. I'd go nuts!
But if I had the time I'd try!

What I want to know is - has anyone beaten KB:AP with 0 losses on IMPOSSIBLE difficulty?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

I believe there have been a couple people to pull it off, somebody with a warrior was one of the threads a few days ago. Currently I'm working on a paladin, island 4 =)
Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

There is no way I'd have the patience to attempt a "no loss" game. I am happy playing on Normal and being mildly frustrated SOMETIMES.

I prefer to simply find battles I can win within certian loss parameters. If that can't be met, I walk away and come back when I have a larger army.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkston View Post
There is no way I'd have the patience to attempt a "no loss" game. I am happy playing on Normal and being mildly frustrated SOMETIMES.

I prefer to simply find battles I can win within certian loss parameters. If that can't be met, I walk away and come back when I have a larger army.
I'm like you - if I lose a few and get through it, I'm happy.

A 0 loss game is impressive on any difficulty. What I'd like to hear is anyone beating the game without reloading a battle or using the save/reload function other that to stop playing the game for work/school/food/sleep. In other words, you can't ever lose a battle. Imagine how hard that'd be!