Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Thorns bugged or no?

This has been bugging me since starting to play. All of my thorn creatures require a fallen creature in the cell next to them to be able to spit up a new thorn. However, the opponents thorns can just spit up new thorns as they please, regardless if they have any dead creatures in the cell next to them or not.

So I figure it's something I need to learn how to do so I click on them to get more details & the tool tip tells me that they too are supposed to only be able to use that if there is a dead hero in the cell next to them.

What am I not understanding here that allows the opponents thorns to use that feature to spit up a new thorn but my thorns can't unless there is something dead in the cell next to them?

Thanks,
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

The Royal Thorns (red ones) do not require a dead body to sow a new thorn. They just create them themselves. You are probably using thorn warriors and thorn hunters - the blue and yellow ones. They require a dead body to spawn a new troop.

And you should really read the ability descriptions
Old 11-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Approved Member

I did, and yes they were using a red thorn (Thorn Warrior I believe), and their special ability says that they need to have a dead creature in the cell next to them to use it. So my guess would be that the tool tip is wrong, and they maybe used the same tool tip for all the different thorns on that ability.

Next time Im up against one I'll take a screenshot to show myself if nobody else that I'm not imagining it.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

And my guess is that you have misunderstood. People are very quick to blame the game, rather than double-checking for mistakes.

The Red thorns are Royal Thorns. They can summon thorns to help them, and do not require a dead body. The yellow and blue thorns are hunters and warriors respectively, and they can summon only on a dead body.

It's as simple as that.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Approved Member

The other thing to point out is that Royal Thorns can only spawn new Thorns every three turns (I think it's three).
Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Red thorns don't need a dead body in order to spawn thorns. I know cause I use them at this very moment. however I can't stand their speed, 1.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Indeed Im willing to admit when I'm wrong. The Royal Thorns indeed don't require a dead body in the cell next to it. I replayed and finally was matched up with one and checked it's tool tip and it told me that it doesn't need the body in the cell next to it.

What color is a thorn warrior? Is there such a thing?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
Indeed Im willing to admit when I'm wrong. The Royal Thorns indeed don't require a dead body in the cell next to it. I replayed and finally was matched up with one and checked it's tool tip and it told me that it doesn't need the body in the cell next to it.

What color is a thorn warrior? Is there such a thing?
Warriors ( melee ) have some blue, and hunters ( ranged ) green
Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Thorns colours:

RED - Royal Thorn - dont need a corpse to spawn
KINDA GREEN - Thorn Hunters - need a corpse to spawn
KINDA BLUE - Thorn Warriors - need a corpse to spawn

I really cant remember the colors of Warriors/Hunters, but the thing is Royal ones are the only ones who needs a corpse to spawn.