Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Recommended Units

Assassins? Just found 102 on Verona.

My current army is:

9 Paladins
5 Red Thorns
10 Mages
24 Inquisitors
30ish Repair driods
20 Guard Drones
22 GRiffins

Level 9 Paladin Hero..must say i've found this bloody hard going so far. Richard the tw*t killed 1 repair drone (no losses campaign ended) with fire arrow right at the end of the battle
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Richard the cruel is the most anoying hero i met so far .. i have been playing for over an hour redoing this battle to not lose anyone .. it was over 10 tries .. and he was weak to me ..

I use smialiar army

royals:
snakes, a lot on debir
griffins a lot easy to get on verona
thorns 4 on debir and more easily to get on umkas

paladins - debir/verona
droids - bolo
inquisitors - debir

Last edited by Elwin; 11-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Well, here's my preferences:

My Warrior's Best party:

Paladins
Knights
Inquisitors
Archmagi
Demonologists
Reserve:
Any lvl 5 unit with over 700 health for sacrificing to replenish the demonologists or other troops I may need, except Black Dragons
Druids

Why?
Paladins + Knights are a wicked combo. Both are perfect tanks and are very hard to kill. Using Archmagi's ability Magic Shield will reduce the losses during the battle and will make the resurrecting a lot more easier. Inquisitors provide extra resurrecting and the Demonologists provide very powerful scapegoat units for the AI to prey on. The druids are both summoners and rage hoarders - their 9-cell attack may not be worth much damage, but provides a significant amount of rage. As for the lvl 5 unit, anything over 700 HP will do, because I can easily use lvl 1 sacrifice on it.

My Paladin's best army:
Paladins
Knights
Archmagi
Inquisitors
Priests
Reserve:
Demonologists
Druids

The Paladin has a medal that improves the damage of all paladins, inquisitors and priests by up to 40%. You should be aware that this is simply wondrous. As such, I consider those 3 units mandatory. While striving for this army, I usually take the resurrection skill ASAP and push it up to lvl 3 as soon as possible. With this army and resurrection lvl 3, I do not care about losses. The AI usually goes for the priests, and I don't mind at all if they die, as long as the only thing I'm losing is them. Archmagi, Demonologists, Druids same as the above.

My Mage's Perfect party:

Well, as a mage, you need to be flexible. My current mage on impossible is lvl 22, 80 battles, no losses so far. I had to use the thieving tactic to get all the way to Reha. I managed

Paladins
Knights
Archmagi
Chosha's
Tirexes
Reserve:
Inquisitors
Gorguanas

I set up this party in a manner which will allow me to be flexible all the time. Against fast armies that compose of strong creatures that will do decent damage, I use the tanks - mainly because my defense is relatively low, being a mage. Against ranged armies, I use Paladins, Tirexes, Gorguanas, Inquisitors and Archmagi. Against mixed armies, I decide according to the composition of the army.

So far I've cleaned up everything up to verona. We'll see where it will go next.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Neither of you fancy the Assassins (backstab) ability? i'm tempted to use them to be honest but I also have two level 5 trolls now so my game really starts now
Old 11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

It's a one-time charm, unless you score a kill with them, in which case you can use this ability again. I used assassins for a while just to find them superfluous. They have some limited usefulness against dragons, but that's pretty much about it.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
It's a one-time charm, unless you score a kill with them, in which case you can use this ability again. I used assassins for a while just to find them superfluous. They have some limited usefulness against dragons, but that's pretty much about it.
Fair enough.

I'll add Trolls to the list. a lvl5 unit that regenerates every turn AWESOME!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

You should be aware that the troll does not always regenerate. This is the troll skin ability:

In the morning and during the day (meaning morning/daytime), the Troll's skin gets harder, giving him additional protection to physical and fire damage (30%).
In the caves/underground spots, in the evening and at night, the troll receives +1 speed and initiative and regenerates health.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

LOL...yes i had a rude surprise in my first day battle after recruiting trolls when they didn't regen.

But, on the whole i think they are an EXCELLENT tank. Give them stone skin and avenging angel and the fact that they can be healed and you are rdy to rock and roll.

cheers,
DW
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

I add demonologist to the list awesome unit
Old 11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I really wanted to try them since they seemed like such cool units, and they are quite awesome especially since i got the assassin's dagger aswell, although sadly it seems backstab cant crit, i guess it would be too imba though.
I'm not sure they're ideal for impossible without losses though and will probably end up replacing them, but i really enjoy backstabbing stuff.

Atm i use:
Inquisitors
Paladins ( only 11 though sofar )
Assassins ( using either paladins or assa's )
Archmages
Demonologists
Emerald Dragons ( first lvl5 units i found, and quite like them actually )

Reserve:
Cannoneers ( vs gremlin towers )