Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Armored Princess questions and solutions

Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Default Armored Princess doesn't start

Just bought and downloaded King's Bounty: Armored Princess from Gamersgate and installed it according to specifications. The machine I'm running has an AMD Phenom (Quad Core Proc.), 4gb DDR3 RAM, and a GeForce GTS 250, I'm sure this is more than capable for running this game as per the specifications they list in the manual. I also made sure I'm running DirectX 9.0c and I set the adapter option in the game.ini to "1" as per the ReadMe's instructions for running on dual-displays. Anything I'm missing as to why this game is still not starting up? There's no error message, checked the task manager when I launch it, kb.exe runs for a couple of seconds, screen flickers a bit and then nothing. help?
Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

Right now I don't have any ideas, please make dxdiag report and attach it here. I'll send it to the devs, wish they will solve your problem.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

By the way, where are you from? Maybe the game is not active yet in your region.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for getting back to me, I can't attach the report because of filesize restrictions is there any other way I can get it to you or the dev team? Bytheway, I'm from the United States, New Jersey.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankhadan View Post
Thanks for getting back to me, I can't attach the report because of filesize restrictions is there any other way I can get it to you or the dev team? Bytheway, I'm from the United States, New Jersey.
Check your PM for my e-mail.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Ok so here's an update on this issue. I've been tinkering around and I disabled one of my displays and tried to start the game which now looks like it launches and immediately crashes and asks if I'd like to send in an error report.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

I have the exact same problems as you with the exeption that mine doesnt give an error after i've disabled my second monitor... it just takes a bit longer to crash. I'm running windows 7 btw
Old 11-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

If you're using ForceWare 195.xx, revert back to 191.07. That fixed the crashing problem for me
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Vladan thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it but it didn't work. I didn't expect it to work either, I was actually running Forceware 191.07 when I initially installed KBAP, then upgraded to 195 to see if it would help. I will however try some older Forceware versions to see if that helps. Will report any success here. Also, I'm running Windows XP, yanish I imagine if its a driver issue it may be worse for you to fix/find support for than it would be for me.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Registered Member

I had an instant crashing problem kind of like yours.

What happened was I ran the game for the first time with one of my displays active but when I switched to my other display (with a different resolution) to play later the game would instantly crash when I tried to run it.

I fixed the problem by going to C:\Documents and Settings\(Your user name here)\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess and changing the resolution in the game.ini file to the desktop resolution for the display I wanted to play on. This is in Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

Hope this helps someone!