Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

View Poll Results: What is your favourite class?
Warrior 16 25.81%
Paladin 19 30.65%
Mage 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Default Your favourite class?

Now that we've played the game to death, what is your favourite class?

I would have to choose the paladin. I remember considering the paladin class as inferior, thinking it was like wanting to have your cake and eat it, trying to be good at using rage and magic, but excelling at neither. I have since changed my mind, mostly because of the following:

- resurrection
- he really achieves a good balance between might and magic, he is not forced to fill his artifact slots with, say, mana and intellect raising items like the mage whose higher magic skill would become near useless otherwise.
- the paladin skill tree may be the worst, but in all my games as paladin the profusion of mind runes has made reaching all of the best skills from other trees a breeze (not least because of runic stone), something that cannot be said with ease for the other two classes.

The mage might be very fun to use because of double spell casting, but I still think the paladin is overall better rounded.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

i think my favorite is the mage

mainly because i find this the hardest one to play

the warrior is a real breeze in my eyes
paladin slighty weaker than the warrior but still like u mentioned have fast acces to all wonderfull skills in the 3 trees making him a very well rounded merc

and morale penalties will never occur to a paladin
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Approved Member

Paladin for me In both KBTL and KBAP.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

Well I misclicked; I voted warrior but meant mage. Anyways Mage is my favorite; but that does not think it is easiest; just most fun 'cause I like casting spells and with mages I can cast twice as many
--
I think (for me) it is a toss up as to whether paladin or warriros are easier at the end of the game (mages are easier at the very start when you have fireball and flaming arrow against small stacks).
--
I'm in the middle of my second game of warrior on impossible; and at leavel 18 I've breezed through the two easy sections of elves; finished dwarves and double trouble. My expectation is as I level warrior gets easier and by the end of the game well it will be fairly easy. With mage on impossible I always struggle a lot near the end (though that last fight is pretty easy when I go nuclear.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

hi i'm new.

I'm currently playing this game and i'm honestly far by now. I got a mage liv 16 with attack 6 defence 6 and intellect 28 . My leadership is slightly below 10.000 and an example of my army are my "immortal" 5 Giants and my AWESOME 56 shamans. Then i got champions and cannoneers. I've done almost all of my quests till now(i just begun to explore the elf land) and my spells are really powerful considering that i got higher magic to level 2. My most powerful spells are the geysers and the lightning(both spells at level 2) which i got recently. My rage is still at 32 but my spell points are at 86!

Now getting back in topic. I didn't try the other classes but the mage fits better for me. You know, i'm always in search of the highest power possible and this mage makes me feel realized more than once! I have my habit from games like baldur's gate where the mage is the most powerful class.

I hope to feel good staying in this forum.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

a mage wasn't the best class in bg

unless u mention it a dual class
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comandan52 View Post
hi i'm new.

I'm currently playing this game and i'm honestly far by now. I got a mage liv 16 with attack 6 defence 6 and intellect 28 . My leadership is slightly below 10.000 and an example of my army are my "immortal" 5 Giants and my AWESOME 56 shamans. Then i got champions and cannoneers. I've done almost all of my quests till now(i just begun to explore the elf land) and my spells are really powerful considering that i got higher magic to level 2. My most powerful spells are the geysers and the lightning(both spells at level 2) which i got recently. My rage is still at 32 but my spell points are at 86!
That is SO me. I'm mage too, about same level, same intellect, same units, same Rage, same SP. I love Geyser and Lightning too but find Fire Rain more effective (dmg/mana-wise). Except - how did you get Higher Magic lvl2 at level 16?! I've only just gotten lvl1!

Back on topic, I love mage but I also like the way the Paladin can climb all three skill trees because of Rune Stone, and the way he gets all that xp and the starting Resurrection scroll. I won't vote yet until I've completed the game with all three classes, but I think I'll go for mage as my favorite.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdrake View Post
That is SO me. I'm mage too, about same level, same intellect, same units, same Rage, same SP. I love Geyser and Lightning too but find Fire Rain more effective (dmg/mana-wise). Except - how did you get Higher Magic lvl2 at level 16?! I've only just gotten lvl1!
LOL right after writing my post i went further into exploring the land of death with my actual forces. Result? They're ALL DEAD! Except a few shamans that miraculously survived a fight i had to do to complete a quest!!!! Now my army is totally changed: i got more than 200 archers with a special artifact that gives them +100% damage. I got Archmages, Giants back and i'm going to restore the previous number of shamans(they're one of the best unit ever btw).
I reached higher magic lv2 "painfully" by waiting up for another level to come up, hence gathering more magic runes for it. Now is at level 3 plus i got concentration level 2 and i'm looking forward to have chaos magic level 2! Is getting more and more funny! I've discovered some utter new spells that i love like HELL!(which i won't spoil of course )

Sorry for my OT, just answering to shadowdrake.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
a mage wasn't the best class in bg

unless u mention it a dual class
Didn't see this post.

Mage was the best classe instead, because of the Abi-Dhalzim spell, stone skin, time stop and imprisonment.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

a mage alone has very low hp

make it a dualclass into a fighter>kensai

and that is truly the best class in BG

more hp>more attacks and a kensai wearing armor

and if u know the BG rules properly a mage dualclassing to kensai wouldn't lose anything(there is no downside in dualclassing it into kensai) since a kensai can't wear any armor anyway

so u only get +points

mage/kensai more hp
more attacks
hardly any spell reduction

well what's more to say