Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 10-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Approved Member

Default Any News on Release Date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it
The game will be available at North American retail outlets and for digital download this fall.
usually no news is good news but not in this case. the web site hasn't been updated since june. can anyone give any finer granularity to this fall??
Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

30th October 2009

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/men-...-tide/overview
Old 10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

thanks my friend...(Doh! why didn't i think to check their web site ...oh well)
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

Just keep in mind that their site also said September 30th, early October and was just "Q3 2009" originally.

I don't like it when they keep pushing back a game bit by bit, i wouldn't mind if they just said "No chance of it being released before X". Then i can not worry until X comes along.
But when it changes every week or so we have to constantly check, and with most sites giving different dates it's just easier to ignore the game completely until someone says "oh by the way, it's officially released"
/rant

But anyway, it's out in Russia already, or so i'm told. That's usually a good sign it'll be released elsewhere soon.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Approved Member

wow, there are a few folks on this forum...thanks guys...

also, has anyone in the US pre-ordered the game on DVD/CD? i haven't seen it on amazon yet. when do games usually show up at places like amazon, anyone know? 1, 2 weeks before release date? month? i guess i'm asking if amazon is going to sell it should they already have it listed for pre-order? thanks...
Old 10-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

I was a bit late to the MoW launch party, so i don't even know if they had a pre-order available for the original. Though i'd say you should be able to purchase it online,at metaboli for example, as soon as it's officially released.
Shouldn't take too long to get to local stores or places such as Amazon either. (for a boxed game rather than downloading it)

I doubt they would make anyone wait weeks or months to buy it with other methods. It might not be as widely known as some other RTS titles, but those of us that do know it are very eagerly waiting to play it.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

I can't wait for Red Tide, either...but if a delayed release means the devs are ironing out bugs, than I'm okay with waiting a little longer.

Remember, MoW was pushed and pushed and pushed back but the finished product was refreshingly glitch-free....at least for me, anyway.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
I was a bit late to the MoW launch party, so i don't even know if they had a pre-order available for the original. Though i'd say you should be able to purchase it online,at metaboli for example, as soon as it's officially released.
Shouldn't take too long to get to local stores or places such as Amazon either. (for a boxed game rather than downloading it)

I doubt they would make anyone wait weeks or months to buy it with other methods. It might not be as widely known as some other RTS titles, but those of us that do know it are very eagerly waiting to play it.
gamersgate did have pre-orders up for quite a while before Men of War was out. but more recent titles on gamersgate from 1c like death to spies moment of truth has gone up the day before release. so it's impossible to say. fingers crossed for the same thing happening with armored princess and red tide on the 30th.

it looks like the company relationship between 1c and gamersgate/paradox changed a bit in the time between now and then. initially gamersgate had this big exclusive deal on all these awesome games king's bounty, men of war, cryostasis, necrovision and so on. but I think most if not all of these came out on all other download outlets shortly after. or maybe even at the same time in some cases. also it looks like the retail publishing partner 505 has been completely phased out now. so, a lot of changes.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOWRT/men-of-war-red-tide

page is up. no pre-orders yet though
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

pre-order is now activated. same url as before