Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Default 360 deadzone drove me back to my PC :)

I love this game and I want to have its babies, let's just get that out of the way first.

The deadzone issue with the AV8R makes it unplayable for me as my frustration level eventually gets to the point where I /ragequit
  • If they ever make this game for PC, I'm buying it.
  • If MS ever fix the deadzone issue in their drivers, I'll play this on 360 again.
In the meantime, the nice man at GAME gave me a full refund on BoP so I can play something that doesn't have these issues. I know, it's just me, lots of people can put up with the deadzone - I just ain't one of them.

(The deadzone doesn't show up much with HAWX/ACE Combat because they have the missile 'lock on' system and you don't need to keep the darn target in your sights!)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

i really dont get the problem with the deadzone!!

i enjoy fighting with the stick to keep my target in view.... thats sim mode at its best
Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
i really dont get the problem with the deadzone!!

i enjoy fighting with the stick to keep my target in view.... thats sim mode at its best
Amen to that!

I'm sure in real life WW2 pilots also struggled to keep a target steady in their sights.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

But when they put input on the stick, it didn't do nothing... do nothing... do nothing.. AIM OVER TARGET! Push it back down, nothing... nothing... nothing... AIM UNDER TARGET!

Repeat.

Drives me a bit nuts, I actually tip it 45 deg when lining up so I can use my rudder (which has NO dead zone at all) to fine tune my aim.

Why aileron / elevator dead zone but no rudder? I've had the stick apart, its the same pot for each axis...

Its not realistic. I fly lots of RC and have been up in several small aircraft, and they are much more responsive to slight inputs for fine tuning your "aim" as it were.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

its a mechanical deadzone stop crying
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

The stick cheap, but deadzone is fine. It feels jerky due to the base sticking a bit. Rub a bar of soap on the rim of the base some where the cup/plate slides around and it'll feel a little better.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsurfer View Post
Amen to that!

I'm sure in real life WW2 pilots also struggled to keep a target steady in their sights.
He is referring to the console (both PS3& 360) disregards slight flight stick input toward the center which normally moves the elevator just a little. It jumps from no elevator input to a lot of input. It would be the same as if the console wouldn't read the throttle until it was half way which gives 50% power. Thus there wouldn't be no adjustment in between , just 0% or 50%+. So when it comes to slight moving of the stick it acts more like digital input (off or on) instead of analog.

Last edited by Smidlee; 09-25-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
its a mechanical deadzone stop crying
If you follow the other threads, its definately not a mechanical dead zone, its built into the MS driver. And its annoying as all get out when your trying to line up a shot
Old 09-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Agree!!!

Hello Everybody!

Same problem of Deadzone for me, on PS3, with my brand new "Thrustmaster FlightStick X" (bought only for this game...).
It's quite unplayable like this... The only way to make it playable is to reduce the elevator sensitivity (by 4 or 5 clicks... depending of the aircraft...).
For information, no deadzone problem with the sixaxis...

At the beginning, I thougt it was a mechanical problem with the stick, so I tryed it on my PC, and........... NO deadzone at all... It is perfectly working!!

So, dear devs, don't you think it is a software solvable problem??

I used to play all previous version of IL2 on PC, and I never had this deadzone problem before...

Thank you for your great work!!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabin View Post
[LIST][*]If they ever make this game for PC, I'm buying it.
Never heard of IL-2:1946? It's much superior to BoP.