Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

No need to make new videos actually. If we could get English susbtitles for these it would be just fine.

Any German speaking members of the community willing to come up with a transcript and translation? If someone translated this, he could then send it to the youtube uploader to make it into on-screen annotations.

On the Lofte bombsight issues excuse me for asking again, but i would really like a clear answer from someone who tested it.because i don't have a clear answer yet.

Up till now, there was a mix-up between imperial and metric units in the sights: for some algorithms user inputs when calibrating the sight were treated as metric, for some others as imperial.

One work-around was to bomb by converting speed from km/h to mph and input that into the sight. This method results in correct release point calculation because that algorithm "thinks" the speed we enter is in mph, so if we convert our speed to mph it will work correctly.

However, it results in incorrect tracking of the target, because the other algorithm that pans the sight when automation is engaged "thinks" the speed we enter is in km/h.

So, if we convert to mph the bombs will hit what the crosshairs aims at, but the crosshairs drift off the target and the player has to constantly disable automation, recenter crosshairs and re-enable automation.

If we don't convert our speed but input it in km/h directly, the sight doesn't drift off the target but the release point is wrong.

Has this been corrected? If it has then He111 here i come (at least until the 88 gets a working gyrocompass, in which case you can level bomb with that one too).

It will be a blast to fly these properly. The 88 can't climb that easily, but you have the option of dive bombing. The He111 can't dive bomb but you can fly higher.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

It will be a blast to fly these properly. The 88 can't climb that easily, but you have the option of dive bombing. The He111 can't dive bomb but you can fly higher.
This is one of the FM issues, the He-111 should not fly higher than the Ju-88. The He's service ceiling was barely 6k, while the Ju-88s were far higher at 9k (early A models, they got even higher later in the war).
GTX 560Ti with 2GB (latest beta driver)
22" monitor @ 1680x1050
TrackIR 5
Saitek X52
Saitek pedals
Win7 64-bit Ultimate

"Ignorance speaks loudly, so as to be heard; but its volume proves reason to doubt every word."~Wes Fessler
Old 05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

this videos is original edited by NSU from Desastersoft
it would be great to translate them for us
Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Brühl View Post
This is one of the FM issues, the He-111 should not fly higher than the Ju-88. The He's service ceiling was barely 6k, while the Ju-88s were far higher at 9k (early A models, they got even higher later in the war).
Really? I had no idea, i thought it was that big wing on the 111 that makes it climb so much better. I don't know if the in-game 88 does go that high because i didn't test it, just that it climbs slower than the 111, especially when it's about to shift gears on the supercharger and maximum obtainable Ata drops down to 1.1

Good to hear in any case, as i really like the 88. I have a thing for all the multi-role twins like the 88, Mosquito, Beaufighter and so on.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Keller and I worked on a 2 man operation last night. Will continue it tonight.

We were just long but left/right was good.

Keller did an excellent job of keeping it steady and responding my directions when we arrived at the final IP.

Just getting use to the sight. Think tonight will be the day that we'll drop it on target this way from high alt.

Doc
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
heres some excellent tutorials but unfortunately is in german
I assume they are pre-patch then how they can show correct aiming with the sight from high altitudes? Sorry, can not watch them now.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Good to hear in any case, as i really like the 88. I have a thing for all the multi-role twins like the 88, Mosquito, Beaufighter and so on.
This makes me cry since I desperately want a mozzy in the Cliffs engine, but I know I will never see it
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Really? I had no idea, i thought it was that big wing on the 111 that makes it climb so much better. I don't know if the in-game 88 does go that high because i didn't test it, just that it climbs slower than the 111, especially when it's about to shift gears on the supercharger and maximum obtainable Ata drops down to 1.1

6K loaded might be right. Watchman was able to go higher but think that was after a run and was lighter. The 88 carries more ordinance by weight than the 111 though.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
This makes me cry since I desperately want a mozzy in the Cliffs engine, but I know I will never see it
Someone will build it and add it.

I predict missions will be built and very elaborate, extremely detailed and historical and sold. Yes sold by mission designers.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

If you know the general vicinity of the target you will see the "dots" of the objects near or inside the buildings with enough time to make your final corrections. The buildings do still "pop" but as long as there's objects near or inside them you will see them.