Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Wow, this is getting out of hand pretty fast.

All due respect oddball, but you just came in blasting the guy. I'm no fan of Steam myself (i would have no issue if it wouldn't require me to run it every time and worked just as a distribution platform, but it doesn't work like this unfortunately) but that's not how i would argue the case.

Also, being no fan of steam doesn't mean i won't recognize and admit what works about it and what doesn't.

I think the main reason they went with Steam is how it handles mods and makes it easy to have servers running different legitimate mods while providing some sort of anti-cheat protection too.

The reason we get servers shutting down is surely steam related, but since it's only CoD that does this it must also be CoD related too. Someone mentioned to me a few days ago that quite possibly the steam network queries the servers at certain intervals in order to have a tally of which ones are active and maintain its bandwidth use. If the server doesn't respond then it gets booted because steam thinks it has crashed. So in all probability, the dedicated server code is missing a function that would reply to this call.
BD he did not get "blasted" in the beginning he got a sarcastic response to naive/ignorant statement about HL and he chose to escalate it without having all the facts...he is pointing what a wonderful feature steam has without realizing Steam is a problem right now....
Someone?...i have a name
Quote:
On a non-personal note now...

Let's all drop our agendas and make usability our one and only agenda, then maybe we'll be able to get a clear evaluation of things.

Also, read the manual, it's in your installation folder. It clearly states it's possible to use 3rd party server browsers if you want to. The fact that CoD is not on Hyperlobby is not 1c's fault, it's just that the HL developer didn't do it yet for his own reasons.

If people want HL support they will probably get better results by donating a few bucks to Jiri and asking him to add CoD to HL, rather than barking up 1c's tree who, guess what, have nothing to do with HL whatsoever. It's not their project, they are not responsible for it, all they can do is leave a door open so that CoD can be compatible with 3rd party multiplayer tools which they have already done and that's all there is to it.

There's too many people getting confused, being ill-informed and failing to make a distinction on why certain things don't work or work in a different manner, that pretty often it all ends in a counter-productive "it's all Luthier's fault" in a single-digit amount of posts.

Everyone has the right to complain and express opinions. However, if you want people to take you seriously exercise some common courtesy and do your homework first before running your mouth and that goes for everyone, myself included.

Go to steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\manual and click on the PDF file.
For the love of god, read it people.
You know i have no agenda and BD i am not "misinformed" I know what was promised in terms of 3rd party (HL) and how the MODS will be handled and how VAC will work to maintain continuity and so on...
I have been here since day 1 doing my part so i don't someone like Doggles telling me "what is" without having the knowledge or exp with the client the server or the game in general.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
One of the nice things about hyperlobby was...saying goodbye to it.
No more inane "converstations" to read and no more having to launch an extra program to get online.
Insane conversations?

It was and still is a 'Community' and being able to chat when your not flying was great, i learnt loads from reading what others talked about back in the days..

makes me laugh, you come up with that view yet you visit these forums.

Launching another program?... Oh noes!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
I don't understand why you're getting so upset about this.

You came into this thread with a major chip on your shoulder, all sarcastic and unhelpful. You get called out on it and now you're throwing a temper tantrum.

That's not how we play bridge, son.

I started this thread to help people out, maybe try to foster some community growth. Not sure why you've got a problem with that you worthless piece of trash.

Go troll somebody else's thread. I've reported you to the moderators.

And for the record I use Visual Studio when I write my C# code. I like the intellisense better than mono's version of it.
thats the problem..you DON'T understand...reported me to the moderators..oh dear I imagine you clutching your mommy's leg right now crying into her apron...

why dont you do us both a favor and admit you don't know as much as you think you do when it comes this game.
you made a post "trying" to be helpful without realizing exactly what a PITA steam is right now for the MP set and then you make a naive comment about HL....how did you that was going to end?

S!

p.s as a side note since you use VS and know C# have you thought about making a GUI for the scripting language?
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro View Post
IMO, I think once this game takes off, either the devs will code a hosting feature that comes with the game where someone can set up a host or have a server that allows links to others, so everyone can get together and join games
I suspect that that's pretty far away. The devs are going to have a lot on their plate for the foreseeable future.

But the part that has links to others, so everyone can get together and join games? That was what I was trying to show in my original post.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's literally the only thing I miss about HL. It was flawed on a fundamental level.
Hyperlobby is over 10 years old and has been generously given to its users for free (donations are always welcome) when there was no other stable/supported portal for pilots to meet and fly many different flight sims including CFS1. (urgh the Zone)......

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Donations

Quote:
Well for starters how about the fact that it can't count players who are ingame if they join via direct connect? I'd call that an underlying flaw in the design of the program.
How can it be a flaw ?
Hyperlobby can only connect and monitor pilots that join via the Hyperlobby, when the mission starts (coop) or you join a DF server it then closes the Hyperlobby until you (the client) has disconnected from the server, where upon it restarts its self resulting in no resources being used whilst you are in game, it cannot intrude on the servers network traffic to monitor all clients in session that are outside of Hyperlobby's network interface control and user handling system.

Quote:
If people want HL support they will probably get better results by donating a few bucks to Jiri and asking him to add CoD to HL, rather than barking up 1c's tree who, guess what, have nothing to do with HL whatsoever.

Not a good subject at the moment, I wont speak for Jiri but discussion was instigated (Luthier Oleg 1C team) and all I'll say is lets wait till things have become more stable and CoD is as click n fly friendly as IL2 1946 is before getting Hyperlobby set up

Although I personally think that if Hyperlobby was able to carry CoD into the community there would be faster tracks made to help debug and get things moving along quicker.

More direct help and support comes from Hyperlobby than any forum provides, there are many veteran users with a wealth of information and advice for new and old IL2 users
who might be having problems with the sim/game.
CoD would benefit from this user network across Hyperlobby, but we will have to see.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

I know plenty of folks that simply will not fly CloD until Hyperlobby support is available.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
I know plenty of folks that simply will not fly CloD until Hyperlobby support is available.
They may never get to fly Cliffs of Dover then unfortunately.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Well, most of them have given up on this sim already to be honest.

I don't agree with them, but there is no bringing them back to the fold.

Sad but true.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Well not to be blamed really.

I don't fly dogfights servers, not my cup of tea

I have built and hosted thousands of coops and hosted campaigns for 6-8 months online, it seems I have a long wait ahead as CoD simply isn't ready for anything other than a quick fly around in a dogfight server.

Don't forget the spirit of HL was to break away from "big brother" and fly independently.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Until most potential sales are realized, I don't see Hyperlobby being added to the equation...maybe never, for game check integrity reasons

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5