Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

View Poll Results: Should Force Feedback be added to COD asap?
YES 162 73.97%
NO 57 26.03%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Just imagine if you'd splashed out on a G940 in anticipation of this game only to find that the FF didn't work.

I love the FF on my cheap stick so I'd like FF added soon(ish) please, but of course overall performance should be #1 priority.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Although I have a FFB setup and would like to use it I think there are more important matters the developers need to focus on now.
+1 indeed. Prioritize
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Although I have a FFB setup and would like to use it I think there are more important matters the developers need to focus on now.
I don't have FFB, i want you guys to have FFB since you obviously like it, but i'll go with the above quote.

I won't vote no because that's just mean, it's a useful feature for many.

I won't vote yes either, due to the "ASAP" part and the sense of urgency it conveys.

My opinion is FFB should be added when practically possible. Priority should be given to optimizations that are game critical and most of all, have an effect to all players.

For example, my trackIR 4 stopped working a while ago and i would like to have support for alternative head tracking solutions so that i won't be forced to buy a new one right away. However, i won't demand they give it top priority when there's other more important things like stutters to fix. I hope i'm making sense, i'm not attacking the viewpoint that FFB should be there, i just think there are bigger fish to fry currently
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

I voted yes because I know many people like FB sticks. I don't but I don't think it would be fair to vote no.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
... i would like to have support for alternative head tracking solutions...
AFAIK "alternative head tracking" already works. There's been mention of it by some friendly russian beta (sic) testers if I remember correctly.

Back OT, FFB effects would be nice and therefore I've also voted "yes" sans the "asap" as I do agree that there are more pressing issues.

Cheers
Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

I REALLY hate joining the whiners, but seriously - are you really sure the game has no FF effects? Do we have a confirmation on that? All sims the last 10+ years has had FF support, even the arcade flight games...

As a RL pilot I would never buy a non FF stick, as "feeling" the air through the stiffness of the control surfaces is a vital feedback IRL especially when flying aerobatics and on the "edge of the envelope" like you do all the time in a game like this.

But if this is really true they sure should focus on critical bugs first - but not having FF support in the ultimate prop sim is naturally just silly! I can just see the sarcastic comments by reviewers with expensive systems like the G940 that are useless!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

I like FFB, I have a G940, but I can miss it, you can adjust yours to have a little centring spring force, which pretty much acts like a normal joystick, top priority is performance and hardware optimalisation!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

I'm surprised they didn't just bring over IL-2's FFB. That was good enough for me,

Though, I do like BoBII's FFB a lot as well.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

On the G940 Cliffs of Dover gives nothing but 100% stick centering force. It cannot be setup with a seperate game specific FF profile because that doesn't work unless the game says "hey I support FF". Since CoD doesn's support FF, it goes to default setting that comes from your game controllers settings in Windows. Now you could setup the windows game controller settings with less force feedback but then that will apply to ALL games at the same time.

So the only option is to constantly change your Joystick FF settings each time you play different sims.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Obviously YES

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa