Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakelit View Post
Yes, "Spitfire on my tail" by Steinhilper is a good book.
It has some interesting parts but other than that it is mostly a long long rant about the political and military system, and commanding officer decisions. The bloke practically spends the entire book moaning about Galland.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Got mine for over 4 years...would not be able to fly sim without themes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
(although 1C really need to fix the one brake 'digital' nature of RAF braking, it's fine on the 109)
Can't agree with it mate...

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe, I7 930, 3x2 GB RAM XMS3 Corsair1333 Mhz, Nvidia Leadtek GTX 470, Acer 1260p screen projector, Track IR 4 OS ver5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, Saitek X52, Win 7 x64 ultimate

Last edited by _79_dev; 12-28-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Can't agree with the digital braking? 1 brake action is fine since it was on the stick, but the digital brake is annoying.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

So I need new pedals.... My old ones finally gave up on me and I'm dying without them. I tried playing on ATAG but me being used to having pedals for so long ended up either crashing on takeoff or getting shot down wayyy too easily. Good yaw control is quite important I've found. Havn't played much at all the past few months because of it. So I'm currently in the market for some new ones. Just don't know what to get really.

I would love to get some Simpeds, but they're far too expensive. So basically I'm torn between the Saiteks and the CH pedals. I'm leaning towards the CH pedals though just from what I've read. What do you think?

P.S. - Sorry if I'm hijacking
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Anyone have the Saitek Combat pedals? Those look awesome!

I have the CH ones and they are getting a little old as well as slide on my carpet when I use them. Plus like others have said your feet are too close together and you have to create a large deadzone so the weight of your feet don't move the pedals accidentally when flying.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
Must resist.........
No dont . Say what I'm thinking!

I have the G940 setup and I love the pedals, I find them pretty easy to get on with..I don't think your find any that are as easy or precise as a twist stick though tbh
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Can't agree with the digital braking? 1 brake action is fine since it was on the stick, but the digital brake is annoying.
Hey, blame the British engineers who decided to use a single brake lever and do differential braking via the rudder pedals

To be serious though, you can probably set your brakes command (not the left/right brakes, the "common" brakes command) to a separate slider and get gradual control in the RAF birds. Still, the sim is correct in the way it models the systems, that's what the RAF had.

On the issue of gradual input, i agree that it could be a smoother transition when it's mapped to a single keypress, but you can still overcome it. Tap the button instead of keeping it down. I'm flying with a simple sidewinder precision pro stick so i use keyboard for a lot of commands, can't really say i have a problem controlling any aircraft on the ground.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
To be serious though, you can probably set your brakes command (not the left/right brakes, the "common" brakes command) to a separate slider and get gradual control in the RAF birds.
No, brakes in RAF planes are "broken" in CloD. Even if you assign then to slider (axis) still as ON/OF, no proportional.

Quote:
"The first time I had the opportunity to fly a British aircraft with this hand operated air brake system I was skeptical about it being very effective compared to hydraulic toe brakes. Within a very few minutes I was completely won over. It is far easier to manage, particularly on run up when one has to really stand on most American fighter rudder pedals. The source of high-pressure air is controlled by the brake lever on the spade control grip, or stick. The rudder pedals modulate the distribution of pressure to the left and right main wheel brakes. If the pedals are even, equal braking is applied to both sides; as one rudder pedal is applied then more brake pressure is fed to that side. Strength of application is delivered by the hand lever on the grip. The major benefit to all this is having one's feet and legs almost completely relaxed most of the time."

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 01-07-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Roger that, i thought they also meant the system is modeled wrong (which, according to your quote is correct) and it was a mapping issue (i've seen it come up before from people with pedals/toe brakes).

So you mean that if i set the brakes on a slider they still go only 0%-100%, interesting.