Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 12-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Yes, my girl bought me Saitek rudder pedals :)

Anyone here have any experience with these rudder pedals in this game??
I have been using the twist of the MS sidewinder FF 2 joystick to move my rudder and I guess that is a reflex that I will continue with for some time to come...

Now its time to getting used to use my feet when "computer flying" !

Best regards
Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Pro combat pedals?

I have the msff2 as well and almost think I would have to switch to ch products stick to not use the twist lol

Did u get the Pro combat pedals? I love that design.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

S!

No experience with those pedals, but does your girl have a likeminded sister or something?!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Hi Anders (K ),

The Saitek rudder pedal is a good design :
- comfortable (wide enough for grown man comfort - humm I mean that you don't hve to be a Castra to feel comfortable with both your feet in that position for hours )
- rugged (mine still works after 5 years of use - a record for any Saitek product !)
- averagely precise : it's way more difficult to get a precise yaw angle with your feet acting on a mechanical device with no force feedback than with a hand rotation on a stick.

But with 6 month of use you'll get used and accept the loss of precision against the added "realism"

~S!

PS: Flank, You beat me on that one
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Congrats on the pedals!

I've had my G940 since May, and still can't fly as well as I used to with twist rudder!

At least she won't be able to complain about the amount of time you'll have to practice, practice, practice!!
Old 12-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
Hi Anders (K ),

The Saitek rudder pedal is a good design :
- comfortable (wide enough for grown man comfort - humm I mean that you don't hve to be a Castra to feel comfortable with both your feet in that position for hours )
- rugged (mine still works after 5 years of use - a record for any Saitek product !)
- averagely precise : it's way more difficult to get a precise yaw angle with your feet acting on a mechanical device with no force feedback than with a hand rotation on a stick.

But with 6 month of use you'll get used and accept the loss of precision against the added "realism"

~S!

PS: Flank, You beat me on that one

Is that so, precision wise? I have been playing with the thought of getting pedals for quite a while now, mainly on the basis of being more precise. That is not the case?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

I have bought them a long time ago, but after a quick test I've put them aside. My feet were not as precise as my right hand ... Now, friends tell me that with the right profile one can get used to pedals within a week ... So be sure to adapt the response curves ... And fix properly the base to the floor
Old 12-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

That's interesting, I've found the rudder pedals to be much more precise than the twist. I guess we all have our own perceptions. I definitely find the saitek to be much more comfortable than the CH setup. I think much of it is just giving yourself time to develop the "muscle memory" you need to change your ways, it's easier to develop a new habit than it is to break an old one, so you'll probably be twisting the stick long after you've become proficient with the pedals. It's more realistic too.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
My feet were not as precise as my right hand ...
Must resist.........
Old 12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
My feet were not as precise as my right hand
Hey hey!!.. this is a family website (none-the-less the mind boggles at this thought)

Forget profiles (set everyting to 100%) and you're on your way. 'Twisties' (forget I even mentioned this name ) have nothing on pedals, no matter how cr.ap the pedals are.

Saitek pedal weakness is the 'bearing guide' at the bottom of each pedal, they wear out such that the crossover bar jumps off the bearing and you sit there with two pedals in the forward position @#$%@@@%

If you're gentle on your footsies and don't 'fly' like crazy, the pedals will last you a long time.

Last edited by K_Freddie; 12-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.