Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Couple of things:

a) some projectile hits (flak/.303 rounds) on the 109 (and maybe all aircraft) still don't make any noise.

b) aircraft are still very hard to see from above. When I say 'hard' I mean unrealistically difficult to see.

also, and as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, you can see ships through the cloud cover!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
No he means the mixture is now correct, it fooled me but the spit buffs told me its working like it should I.e. you cannot go to lean mixture when the throttle is back...
Thanks Krupi. Bloody internet is broken and I can't get the patch, let alone get online.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewulf View Post
Couple of things:

a) some projectile hits (flak/.303 rounds) on the 109 (and maybe all aircraft) still don't make any noise.

b) aircraft are still very hard to see from above. When I say 'hard' I mean unrealistically difficult to see.

also, and as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, you can see ships through the cloud cover!
no no no!its not only ships you now see through clouds!also ground objects as well as other aircraft!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
... You're going to need something bigger than a .303 for those fuel tanks now.
Thanks for the response, they did ignite rather easily before which didn't appear to be very realistic

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Luthier,

I noticed the following errors while using things like actor.Group() and (actor as AiAircraft).getParameter() in a mission.

Was something missing on the RC?

To all,

Can any one confirm is not just me?

Thanks,
ATAG_Colander

Code:
=================================================
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.Group()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at maddox.game.world.AiActor.Group()
etc...
etc...
etc...
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.828s2aBxonkgBPPYNDE9(Object )
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.AirGroup()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at maddox.game.world.AiAircraft.AirGroup()

etc...
etc...
etc...
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
Try running the dotnetfx fix. Its in the redist folder
under the il2strumovik folder
I run this application but the problem still remains.

I check the Log.txt and noticed it is something related to MS NET Framework

------------ BEGIN log session -------------

:
System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
at dPWis1VsDhM1hfIWwIN.moO5oFVgqvBqqcohOo1.e82U0e5AiU b6W0HeZ7Yi(Object )
at dPWis1VsDhM1hfIWwIN.moO5oFVgqvBqqcohOo1.mMhI2M6s2Y c()
Application part bob not load assembly f:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\b
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W
OCZ 120 GB s SATA II (SSD)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM LG DVD-RW 24X GIGABYTE 1Mbps/2Mbps/3Mbps Bluetooth 4.0/Wi-Fi
Termaltake Overseer RX-I
Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Don't read all topic, maybe and possibly repeated ones:

1) Can't start up Hurricanes;

2) Planes still turning into "comets" sometimes;

And the reported problems with ground units, ships seeing through terrain and really bad optimized smoke/dust effects and clouds.

Last edited by LoBiSoMeM; 10-01-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URU]AkeR View Post
I know Mastiff, but upgrade right now is not possible. Anyway I had a drop from 40fps to 10 fps with same settings, so i´m probably missing something or did something wrong.

Thanks anyway
Tried again last night and the problem was gone, i have better performance now than before
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Unplayable - 470's Nvidia surround. Yes I CAN disable my SLI and run single monitor, but why would I want to do that?

Waiting for a fix and checking for solutions.... ty.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
Luthier,

I noticed the following errors while using things like actor.Group() and (actor as AiAircraft).getParameter() in a mission.

Was something missing on the RC?

To all,

Can any one confirm is not just me?

Thanks,
ATAG_Colander

Code:

Server stack trace:
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.Group()

at maddox.game.world.AiActor.Group()
etc...
etc...
etc...
Code:

Server stack trace:
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.828s2aBxonkgBPPYNDE9(Object )
   at UuYOYOla4RETC0YiolJ.8pORcsl3bFsS0hUVMpM.AirGroup()

at maddox.game.world.AiAircraft.AirGroup()

etc...
etc...
etc...

Selfish bump.