Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcanman View Post
Now I am confused. Does TD have a contract with 1C or an Agreement?
Licensing agreement is a contract.

Quote:
that could leave individuals open to personal liabilities from disgruntled customers.
now that would be funny .

Quote:
On the other hand, an Agreement between a collection of well meaning individuals (such as TD) and a corporate body (such as 1C) could easily be shared in the public domain (such as every EULA one has ever clicked "Agreed" to) without any problem.
EULA is a contract too but the content of the EULA and Licensing agreement is completely different and you know that.

Quote:
TD has a worrying habit, in my personal opinion, of aggressively attacking anyone who dares to question their intellectual supremacy and an ongoing refusal to explain the data they use, their interpretation of it and the justification of the changes they make based upon it.
Posting on forums and explaining things to people takes time. It takes somebodies free time. If you want somebody to neglect his family and friends and devote time to you than you should make your case in a brief and concise manner. Those who do their homework and act politely usually get the answer to their questions.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

Indeed, it's way too easy to take all of this work for granted. DT are volunteers, providing all of this high-quality content in their free time.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

well i don't know how DT_hier.him file looks like ( hierarchy ) and how decisions are made among them but what i do know is that most of their members are outstanding guys always willing to consider constructive suggestions and honor any agreement.

I say most of the guys cos i didn't have privilege to get to know all of them , just guys who shared their work at AAA in "golden years".

so FC , Microwave, Maratz, Asheshouse, Slot map team etc . .... many thanks guys for all of your work

regards
Z

Born to fly...forced to work!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Just a little note/correction to what FC said: In fact the contract or licence agreement was settled between 1C and a number of individual members (not even all) of the team - 'individuals as part of the team'. Its not a contract between 1C and DT.

EDIT: I for myself take it serious and won't share the content either.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
How was Team Daidalos started/created?
In my eyes was DT formed in situation due import two important addons - flyable aircraft Avia B-534II and Letov S-328 AI controlled.
Hand in hand with next project which was never released direct by 1C - Viikate´ s Fokker DXXI was the cornerstone of new development team laid.

Last edited by magot; 10-19-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

Who responds to the team email?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Approved Member

Everyone can do.

----------------------------------------------

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcanman View Post
TD has... an ongoing refusal to explain the data they use, their interpretation of it and the justification of the changes they make based upon it.

Other than that they are awesome
This is a recurring argument. Which source should we regard as reliable?

In those days, tests were made in a most primitive way by today standards, with questionable instruments calibration. The case of the Hellcat demonstrates it clearly.
When different sources are confronted, people usually choose as “true” the highest performances for their favourite plane, and the lowest for their adversaries. Even “objective” people make their choice between sources.

General consensus, as countless threads demonstrate, cannot be achieved, never. In the end, someone has to make a decision, and someone will be disappointed. In my opinion, TD demonstrated wisdom and consistency many times.

In my opinion again, their work in improving AI is much more important than any tweaking of performances.