Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

QFT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
What is your highest Score? I will beat it.

+ Not taking Leadership first 15 levels...
It's already posted and good luck with doing that:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=4864&page=6

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachm...4&d=1229013145

Last edited by Calinda; 01-14-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

1719+ than it will be...
Old 01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the opinions.

Since I play on normal I start taking leadership at level 8 (skipped the opportunities before) and won't miss any chance afterward. In the games I found quite a few equipments that increases Leadership by 100-250. So I am still doing all right.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Take rage instead leadership first levels... I do not take leadership till level 15 (but it may be 10 or 20... depends how much you need huge armies, or if you can deliver good damage by combination of units)

but after level 15 take leadership every possible level

After rage it would be ATT.

so level below 15:
Att, Rage... if no other such option, then DEF

level 15 and above:
Leadership, Rage, Att (not you should be always be able to take something useful, only if realy unlucky, the options are : Mana / INT ... BAD!)

Do not avoid magic units, they can replace your own magic skills (shield from archmage, ressurection from inquisitor) but do not hesitate to kick em out and replace them with real WARRIOR units : real tanks like giants, demons, ancient bears, knights...

Do use your second "shield" slot for weapons... more damage = more rage, better counterattacks... skrew defense

Should you not like TANK tactics, go for shooters, obtain and learn dragon arrows, use shooting improving artefacts, and get all shooters that deliver deadly damage... precision also works fine + dragon arrow, you will be the hear piercer on the battlefield
Awesome tips! I just bought the game and started playing as the Warrior. Could you give me some more advice?

What are the most important things that I should focus on when leveling? Also, why should I choose rage over leadership in the early levels? Finally, what skills should I focus on as a warrior?

Anything else you can think of would be great!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAL_Hawk View Post
What are the most important things that I should focus on when leveling? Also, why should I choose rage over leadership in the early levels? Finally, what skills should I focus on as a warrior?
I suspect he advises rage over leadership because rage boosts tend to be fairly decent throughout the game - like +6 or so which can make the difference for high cost rage powers. Leadership however scales as the game goes on. At low levels you'll only get a small boost to leadership if you chose it when levelling up - like a few hundred. That barely makes a difference later in the game - but the extra rage might.

Skills that boost experience and gold gains are good. So are skills that give you offense/defense bonuses. For other skills consider whether they match your style or seem useful to you.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Gatts' tips are awesome, but only for newbies who play on some low difficulty, they simply won't work on impossible. I am still waiting for him to beat my score
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
Gatts' tips are awesome, but only for newbies who play on some low difficulty, they simply won't work on impossible. I am still waiting for him to beat my score
I am now level 15 (not a single time I took Leadership, even if according my own tips, I should - " If you have Mana/Leadership, take leadership", but this race is about no Leadership till lvl 15... I am little bit late (finishing freedom islands, day 3) ) some battles were tough... but not tough enough ... I am playing impossible a lot, I just never "rushed" for top score (I enjoyed playing the game)... so after weekend I will come and smash Calindas score...muahahahaha... first time I play for score and I like it...

To BAL Hawk:
1. get the FAN MANUAL (translated to ENG, if you can't read russian ) - be the fan manual you bible (all spells/atrefacts/skills and rage skills are there)
2. Save a lot (not only QUICKSAVE, but da real save... )
3. Try to experience with army combinations, not to be afraid of morale loss, find the most fitting units for your strategy... by this you will also determine your KB strategy...(if you have a lot of HOMM experience, try to ignore all knowledge you have from HOMM, it messed my playstyle in KB, as there are small, but many differences in logic/units/spells etc.)
4. If you don't go for SCORE (my play style) you may search all areas/ land and sea avoiding overpowering or Impossible enemies and STEAL all free lying stuff. (you can use "catch me" tactic, you provoke enemy stack/army to follow you, you are always faster, so you may MANIPULATE their trajectory. By this you can "take" them out of their places, and if you go far away from them, they will stand there with ??? above their heads for few seconds... and slowly return... you can use this time for stealing them blindly)
5. Do learn all skills of your units, as warrior you lack on spells/mana, but many units have usefull skills, learn them, use them
6. Go for BERSERK spell, it will greatly improve the ATT of your units, is cheap (on mana) and will have much more effect than any damage spell (at least if your INT is below 15)... know that even BERSERK rises with your INT thus ... this spell will not make your unit to attack your other units... so if you place BERSERK on your archers, the archers will still attack ENEMY (but you can't choose whom) you can combine this with Dragon Arrows, Precision, Bless and get such amount of damage as you would never dream of.
7. Check for MODS

Last edited by Gatts; 01-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Now this is exciting! Who's taking the bets?? I'm putting 175 000 gold and two Might Runes for Gatts!

...and also children, remember to play nice.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
7. Check for MODS
I think its innapropriate to take this challenge with MODS. If you are going to do it it should be unmodded.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
I think its innapropriate to take this challenge with MODS. If you are going to do it it should be unmodded.
If you're referring to the Gatts' top score challenge, no one have said that Gatts is using MODS in his attempt... or maybe I missed something?