Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Same problem as JohnnyFive, however after starting to paint again or doing some sort of action on the map, all the textures come back to the map again.

Would like to know how to avoid this as it does seem like a bug.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Default Tex not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
Same problem as JohnnyFive, however after starting to paint again or doing some sort of action on the map, all the textures come back to the map again.

Would like to know how to avoid this as it does seem like a bug.
Hey man... What sort of actions did you do to get the textures to come back?..

I have spent atleast 10+ hours trying to find work arounds for this bug.. I have not yet gotton past texturing part of the tutorial, as my texturing is giving me these issues. So whatever action your doing please fill me in.

On another note, I want to express what I've experienced and what Iv'e tried...
First off, my texturing was working fine. Painted, saved came back later and bam, [tex not found]. MY work around then, was to make a new session and copy my old locations folder into it. Seemed to work.. Then the problem got worse. As I saved and came back, instead of [tex not found] bug. It would erase big sqaures of my last sessions progress of painting. But not the old session.. So I tried a process of elimination, deleting files and retrying... No luck!

So after all this I thought to myself... Maybe I caused this bug through all this copying locations into new sessions... So I make a new map, paint away, save, and exit. Come back and walla! No bugs!!.. I paint some more, save quit, come back and no bugs!! Sweeeet I can use the editor finally! paint some more save, quit, come back TEX NOT FOUND!!!.....

I just can't seem to get a break or find a work around... Please let me know what actions you do to get around this bug.

Thanks

-Jonny5
Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Registered Member

Default Delete Atom - Crash!

Ok so....

I thought by action you maybe meant, toss an Atom down.. Like add a building or something to the map, and possibly the textures would come back....

So I add an atom... Nope textures still not found painted all over my map... Delete the atom and my editor crashes...

I thought, ok maybe 1 time crash bug?... MY editor always crashes on deleting an atom from the looks of things.... ARRGGHHHH!!!!

Anyone know a work around? lol... Is this just me that has this issue?....
I really like this game, and have the creativity and ambition to make a GREAT mod... However, this damn editor has 1000 bugs... How man more issues am I going to have.. I just started!..

Do I retire from this endevour? when my heart says figure it out?....

Bah!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Try to run editor using the 'Run as Administrator' command, it may help to solve write access issues if any. Also, where did you unpack Sourcemedia textures to?
Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Default source media unpacked too

I unpacked my source media too....

C:\Program Files\1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\sourcemedia

there was a _games/kbadddon folder in my C drive before... But it wasnt being used for anytihng.. I originally had my source media there. But nothing was working at all... I ended up just deleting this folder entirely... and havn't seen any additional issues to my regular... The folders were empty, so I assumed it wouldn't casue any issues....

I will try the run admin tactic, see how it goes...

thanks,

-Jonny
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Default editor.ini

I also went into the editor config file and changed the location to the proper spot to make sure it worked...

setf ~atomseditable 1
setf ~undosize -2147483648
sets ~sourcemediafolder "C:\Program Files\1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data"
sets ~font "arial"
setf ~r_shadowmap_4sample 1
setf ~r_blur_shadowmap 0
setf ~editoruseadapter 0
setf ~execcount 100

Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

Default Tex Not Found

So I ran in administrator... Seems like nothings changed...

However, I successfully found a way to stop the editor from crashing when deleting atoms. You open the Atom list and delete form the list!! could get complicated but hey!! Its a work around and im fine with that!

Still can't fix this [tex not found] crap!!! GRrrrrr... I'm ready to make a game and that's the ONLY thing stoping me so far... Sucks cause you wanna paint and get everytihng layed out. Then add atoms etc.. then go back and do some touch up painting... add little decals etc...

So my only option right now is paint everything in 1 sitting and hope the editor doesn't crash. Save and I better be happy with my paint job, cause I cannot ever make a single fricken change!...

I pretty much can't live with that on my mind lol.. I must paint to perfection, so the endevour to figure out this bug continues....

Someone has to know a work around?! pleeeease help!!

-Jonny
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Try to cange this line to

sets ~sourcemediafolder "C:\Program Files\1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\Sourcemedia"

I think the 'Sourcemedia' folder itself should be included in the path.
You have a 32-bit OS, right?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

Hmmph, I have the same problem as JonnyFiveAlive, and nothing seems to help.
I tried a lot of things and it still remains, making it about literally impossible to texture out my map...

So, if anyone can help, we would appreciate it.

Btw, I think it's layer related. When you save your session, it should save the data on texture layers as well, but it doesn't, so when you try texturing after restarting the Editor, it can't load that data and that's why this is happening.
But, I'm not sure.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Try to cange this line to

sets ~sourcemediafolder "C:\Program Files\1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\Sourcemedia"

I think the 'Sourcemedia' folder itself should be included in the path.
You have a 32-bit OS, right?
Now I have no problem.
thx all the time.