Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

12lb 12lb 12lb... Damn get this out of your mind. Looks like an illness with so much reference.

There is no 12lb until very late in 1940 if ever. The 9lb MkXII shld suffice as an evidence.

Regarding the cruise, Rob I think you are cruising too fast.

At 0 (zero) boost I hve got around 200mph as cruise speed btw 15kft to 20kft and a very cooled engine that let me fight with half rad for nearly all the time full pow is needed in a dogfight.

Usually the 12hour needles is a good ref for WWII fighters both in boost and rpm. But I use 2400 rpm in general
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
12lb 12lb 12lb... Damn get this out of your mind. Looks like an illness with so much reference.

There is no 12lb until very late in 1940 if ever. The 9lb MkXII shld suffice as an evidence.
You're wrong I am afraid. The early Merlins are well documented and no matter how you look at it, the 12lbs Boost is reality of BoB era. Is there any evidence stating otherwise?

9lbs. Merlin XII was due to improvements over Merlin III + different glykol - hence the +9PSI rating. They both could go 12lbs btw.

Quote:
Regarding the cruise, Rob I think you are cruising too fast.
Matter of opinion or preference I guess, I only mentioned cruise as reference and I state 'as appropriate'. I like higher boosts and moderate RPM - that's 'crusing' in a combat zone called ATAG mind you
Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo. View Post
You're wrong I am afraid. The early Merlins are well documented and no matter how you look at it, the 12lbs Boost is reality of BoB era. Is there any evidence stating otherwise?

9lbs. Merlin XII was due to improvements over Merlin III + different glykol - hence the +9PSI rating. They both could go 12lbs btw.

Matter of opinion or preference I guess, I only mentioned cruise as reference and I state 'as appropriate'. I like higher boosts and moderate RPM - that's 'crusing' in a combat zone called ATAG mind you
Disagree with you Rob, sry.

I still hve not seen any strong EVIDENCE for the much publicized 100oct and 12lb.
The fact that those guys are pushing the SPit frwrd on that case is also dubious when you think of the Hurri "Big Wings" lobbying that was predominant in the 1940 RAF (just re-read Badder). It does not makes sense to tune up your best competing fighter when you hve 2/3 of your fighter force that struggle everyday and bombers that hve difficulties taking of with war wary equipment field-fitted.

Frankly it looks like more of a Gamer Fantasy.

Regarding the cruise, don't forget that the best manoeuvring speed of teh Hurri is also ard 200mph and not 240

Regarding the boost value for the Spit as it was unvailed breaking the code, just don't forget that the in-game spit hve nearly no drag. Giving her a boost similar to the hurri could hve made her even hair raising than she is for now

Last edited by TomcatViP; 01-20-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Disagree with you Rob, sry.

I still hve not seen any strong EVIDENCE for the much publicized 100oct and 12lb.

No problem, I respect your opinion. There is lots of evidence, both technical (see the above book for example, very comprehensive) and historical (pilot memoirs even from BoF era). I am blue pilot mind you.

Quote:
Regarding the cruise, don't forget that the best manoeuvring speed of teh Hurri is also ard 200mph and not 240
I can still slow down when I want.. but I cruise to kill (BnZ mostly that is).
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Robo, I'm not sure how familiar you are with Blackadder II, if you aren't then I recommend a download. This is the 12lbs argument in a nutshell.....

@klem, for 2600 & 6.25lbs, you can go forever like that without overheat with an open rad for as long as you like from my experience.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

If you are trying to make a conclusive end with some typical British humor, now I understand why you can't share an agreements with many here !

Sry typical French irony
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

You mean you don't get it?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post

Don't annoying the Frenchy Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Isn`t not even "100 octan" painted on the ClOD Spitfire skin, on the nose lol....?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Don't say me you do