Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

I thought the deadzone was a hardware issue on the 360...sorry...

If 360 update makes it before Christmas I will soil myself...
________
ECIGARETTES

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juz1 View Post
I thought the deadzone was a hardware issue on the 360...sorry...
On 360 it is unfortunatly. I saw MajorNelson playing il2 they other day. Sent him a message saying something on the lines of "il2, nice. you using a stick? anychance of doing anything about the deadzone?" needless to say he didnt reply but whatever lol
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Can anyone tell me if this patch will allow the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick to work and with the force-feedback?

I've currently got the 360 version, but if the PS3 version can use my trusty old Sidewinder I'll trade it in for a PS3 copy!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
The P51 is certainly capable in terms of handling, but as armaments go its like a neutered Hurricane.
What the P-51D's 6 .50 machine guns??? ...Try the P-51B and the MC.202 now they ARE underarmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
What you don't like 500lb bombs or vicious rows of 10 HVAR's? It's a murderous attack plane, better armed than a stormovik.
Sorry for not being more specific - I was talking about the P51B. I'm sure it was only 4MGs... which is 1/3 of the Hurricane. Hence my comment. And I haven't unlocked any additional armaments because the plane has only just become flyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPappy View Post
How does the Anton handle?
Dunno, ask his wife lol

Great work devs - much appreciated (by most).
Old 12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
Sorry for not being more specific - I was talking about the P51B. I'm sure it was only 4MGs... which is 1/3 of the Hurricane. Hence my comment. And I haven't unlocked any additional armaments because the plane has only just become flyable.
P51B has 4 .50cal MGs, and the Hurri has 12 .303cal MGs, but a .50cal has about twice the firepower of a .303cal, so the P51B isn't too far behind a Hurri and the P51D should have pretty much the same punch as the Hurricane.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deascendent View Post
PILOTS DIDN'T HAVE TELESCOPES MOUNTED ON THE DASHBOARD YOU IDIOTS!
Adolf Galland did.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrester View Post
I read somewhere earlier in this thread that the deadzone for joystick is much better now.
Im on 360 and have the av8tr and the deadzone was horrible on 360. No whey you could finetune your aiming
Is it better now after the patch?
Yes it is better for the ps3 and you can adjust it now. I didn't really have to adjust the deadzone either, its good the way is is now.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy Jase View Post
Can anyone tell me if this patch will allow the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick to work and with the force-feedback?

I've currently got the 360 version, but if the PS3 version can use my trusty old Sidewinder I'll trade it in for a PS3 copy!
Hello I have the MS Sidewinder but not the force feedback one. I could get everything to work except the throttle. The playstation doesn't register the throttle button. I hooked it back up to my mac to check and make sure the button wasn't broken and it worked on my mac.

We may be the only people here with a Sidewinder stick.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

I finfished the "inspect the airfields" mission

Also love the feel of the P-51D now.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
Adolf Galland did.
(have a telescope mounted on the dashboard)

Galland wasn't just any pilot, he was in charge of practically the whole Luftwaffe, it was his job to see everything going on for miles around

but there's no reason for a pilot to not have binoculars. Thing with the game is you can see farther away in real life, even without magnification. The screen resolution prevents planes at distance from being rendered visibly enough to look like anything.

I tried to get the zoom cam working in custom, didn't work, used layout 3 for the rudder but you can't use the square button and right stick at the same time. So I went back to aviator layout. Now I just spot the big black splotch, watch its lateral motion, and use my instincts to figure out where it will be when it's in sight.