Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

AM I SERIOUSLY THE ONLY SIM PLAYER THAT'S BEEN CALLING FOR A NON-CLICKABLE RIGHT STICK LOOK AROUND FUNCTION ASWELL AS A WORKABLE ZOOM?????
Can no one find a work around with this so-called total customizable mapping feature?
As trk29 has documented, the best SIM pad layout is the default 3 map but the zoom is on the square button & so is completely impractible to use when scanning around or manouevring etc.
I have spent the evening copying that otherwise workable map to the custom page & wish to put the zoom to the L3 (thumbstick click as this is redundant on SIM in this map) but whatever is attempted, the f****** zoom (the most wanted mappable button for SIM players with pads)will NOT register, no matter what button you assign zoom to (but will register in arcade & realistic, the modes that don't even require this due to the padlock view). I have tried disabling one zoom button (as the map contains 2 zoom slots & 2 target cam slots), then the other, & even mirroring the same button to both zooms but IT WILL NOT WORK.

This was the only button needed for SIM players who wanted the dedicated Rightstick look around & it's beyond frustration that, still, it is the only function that can't be customized.
PLEASE HELP. I'm hoping it's just me missing something stupid here!!!

Last edited by Houndstone Hawk; 12-07-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealwolydnas View Post
Can you explain a lil better on "slightly fixed"? does it handle around the bf109 G-6? Also did they fix both of the P-51 and FwWolf?
* Fw 190 can out turn the bf 109 g2, so the bf 109 g6 should not be a problem
- this plane turns better now for sure

* the P-51 can now keep up with a Spit (I tried this), the spit can still out turn the p-51 but not by much
- P-51 I think, is now among the top 3-5 best planes on this game

* I kept the same sensibility for these planes, they still spinout if you lower the sensibility but kept the same they turn way better
Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

How about the other planes that were crocked before (full of fuel?).

Bf110 and the P-51B (hasn't had its name corrected to Mustang Ia with 4 cannons by any chance? I was probably hoping for too much there.)

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately, you are indeed hoping for too much.
It, like the P-51D has been kept exactly the same in terms of looks and name.

Yea, I'm personally impressed with the P-51D's new handling. It still seems like a beast to fly, but it DOES turn tighter. I don't think it's that close to a Spitfire in the turn, but it certainly feels a little better.

I wasn't able to test the speed though. Did the P-51D get any faster? It's supposed to pull more than 350 mph @ SL with no WEP.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
* Fw 190 can out turn the bf 109 g2, so the bf 109 g6 should not be a problem
- this plane turns better now for sure

* the P-51 can now keep up with a Spit (I tried this), the spit can still out turn the p-51 but not by much
- P-51 I think, is now among the top 3-5 best planes on this game

* I kept the same sensibility for these planes, they still spinout if you lower the sensibility but kept the same they turn way better
So Edal would you say that both those planes are now "competative"? That is to say could an average pilot fly them with some success, as apposed to before where it required a much more skilled hand at the stick?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

The P51 is certainly capable in terms of handling, but as armaments go its like a neutered Hurricane.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
The P51 is certainly capable in terms of handling, but as armaments go its like a neutered Hurricane.
What the P-51D's 6 .50 machine guns??? 1 short burst can make mince meat out of all but the IL-2's. Same for the Hurricane, its firepower is pretty awesome. Try the P-51B and the MC.202 now they ARE underarmed.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deascendent View Post
You idiots, can't you guys figure out why zoom mode wont work on sim? Because it's efffin SIM MODE!

PILOTS DIDN'T HAVE TELESCOPES MOUNTED ON THE DASHBOARD YOU IDIOTS!

Now dear god, please release the 360 patch tomorrow, this is bullshit, we paid the same amount of money as those damn ps3 users did... watch it be 3-4 more months because of the same bugs that plagued the ps3 patch's release... : (
urmmmm. Sim mode does have a zoom function Deascendent, you might want to apologise quick lol. They are anoyed because it isnt working when they move it to a different button. I think you mistook zoom for the lock on that is only in arcade and realistic.

Also its nothing like the zoom a telescope or binoculars have. I see the zoom button more like a consentrate button. I imagine the pilot leaning forward slightly and scwinting his eyes to make out planes in the distance. Its quite realistic.

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 12-08-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deascendent View Post
You idiots, can't you guys figure out why zoom mode wont work on sim? Because it's efffin SIM MODE!

PILOTS DIDN'T HAVE TELESCOPES MOUNTED ON THE DASHBOARD YOU IDIOTS!

Now dear god, please release the 360 patch tomorrow, this is bullshit, we paid the same amount of money as those damn ps3 users did... watch it be 3-4 more months because of the same bugs that plagued the ps3 patch's release... : (
Dude gtfo now.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzm0 View Post
Real planes!

One major disappointment, you still can't set l2 and r2 to be rudder pedals as an axis. They still work only as buttons, where rudder is either full-on or full-neutral.
You are wrong try the custom layout 3 the rudders are not on and off with control pad.