Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Ali Fish

thanks ! not sure i'd call it a patch but i see your meaning lol.

not sure about releasing to quickly as everyone using this might intefere with the developers getting there necissary performance information etc, although my DXT profiles are similar, mip map levels the same too (asides the trees). so there shouldnt be a problem. discussing mods is one thing, releasing them at this time is another.
but we will see after a few more tweaks. what you recommend Near Miss ? last thing i want is to annoy any development processes etc. anway i think i want to bring out the contrast more and work some of my own art in there, ala hedge row darkening etc. !

156 meg worth of files, 66 meg in rar so far.

my next mod will be in the form not so much as a mod but a full template for the mkIIa spitfire. including all the panel lines, details of what the overlay parts are and new specular and normal maps. damage maps decails etc...that should be finished by tommorow \o/ i wont be happy untill i have a ficticious metalic spit showing how good these lighting effects really are.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-12-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Yes looks sweeet mate..nice work
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Ali Fish

though id better test it in the evening time, low level light characteristics and i must say i just impressed myself lol. everything looks even better. dare is say with the default trees in the shots ,even they look better and more "part" of the world naturally. cant give comparison pics here, but these scenes feature better building integration with the scenery due to the changes, new grass colourings, and new darker foliage on the close tree lods. and a messier grass system around the airfield. even the clouds even mix in better with there light characteristics,

having probed further into the performance of this mod, i see no differences to vanilla scenery whatsoever. If the devs could give us our route to pack and unpack the mods without kegety's tools id be a hell of a greatfull..

Buildings along side the changes. default trees looks better ?

General shots.

New foliage and grass colourings (not the best illustration),remeber the really yellow grass ?

new airfield- more dirtier unkept concept.

Definetly going to go down the new artwork route with this too. an autumn/winter version without snow and all the green hue's should be good. Ohh yeah. so if you got any good aerial autumn shots of england pass them on for referencing.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-13-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

darker trees and thins will eb perfect. nice work.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

Will this work online?
Or will Steam boot and ban you?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
Will this work online?
Or will Steam boot and ban you?
No boot or ban here, but then i was not expecting either of the two possible outcomes. Its just a texture reload. Individual file sizes are the same.

just ran it online in those last pictures. on my own server, actually thats the only way that mission works. but i would like some testers for the online aspect and an ATI tester of the mod too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
can fields have darker borders to show where hedgerows would be?
do you have any examples of this, i can do it but without a model of the hedge it might not work to well,, ahhaahh. unless i add this idea as a raised area to the normal maps with darkening on the diffuse. ( the effect will only be prounced from distance (+500m) and at low level light situations)..... hmmm. examples please if you got any. !

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-13-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:26 AM
Approved Member

nice improvement 4me Ali! Great!
Please, where did u find the maps files to modify? Are these normal bitmap files or encoded one?
Thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
ok ive modded every assett now. sadly theres a mip mapping bug with the trees file which i had darkened. It produces an error on the console readback too. i have created a photoshop action file for modding the files in bulk ( an autumn and winter mod could be generated in minuites mwahahahha.)

here is where iam at. its subtle now. top pic is original lower the update. trying to create the same images is nigh on impossible lol. feedback ?

TIME= 09:00 settings:

low shots which just seem crap in general.

BTW i could so easily make this game look like WoP ? but i dont think so.
i was going to say it loks so much better now like WOP but i wont.good job.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Approved Member

im impressed by the way the grass looks now.much better in my opnion!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Looks very good to me. From my experience of flying (gliders) over the South of England I would say not to be afraid of making the greens of the fields quite intense, they just need to be darker than the rather pale greens CloD uses by default. Here's an example taken over Wiltshire in (IIRC) August.

Cheers,

Nick