Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Approved Member

Or just make your own FM....

Bad News

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"
Old 01-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Of course it's bad news *if true*. You would end up flying against vanilla and UFOs and everything in between.

It's apparently via Kegetys' extractor. I am not sure if this would be picked up by VAC. Sure hope so or online dogfighting will go downhill fast.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

What exactly does VAC check ?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Don't know is the short answer but I understand it checks file integrity (could be wrong or incomplete): http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

The risk with enabling VAC is that non-cheaters would also get banned. Given the history of CoD development this would not be surprising and I think the devs are wise enough to realise this. I seem to remember Luthier saying something similar a few months ago, that VAC would not be enabled until the game was stable.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
This is great!
Mods are what made IL2 live as long and healthy a life as it has had, and maybe well finally get some corrected FM's for, well, just about everything! Lol!
If Il2 didn't had stayed un-hacked so long, it would never had reached its ripe age.

Toward the end the hack/mods prolonged the end, but also split the community.

Imho.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Gents, let's not devolve into a mods vs. vanilla discussion OK?

That is not what this is about. We already know that mods will be welcomed once the SDK is released and the system for secure mod free servers is sorted. I have no issue with that.

This is about people making online UFOs and flying them NOW. On servers that have no ability to exclude them.

It's happening, it's real, and it has nothing to do with mod making. It's a group of juvenile delinquents ruining the gameplay of regular users.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

That is not what this is about. We already know that mods will be welcomed once the SDK is released and the system for secure mod free servers is sorted. I have no issue with that.

This is about people making online UFOs and flying them NOW. On servers that have no ability to exclude them.

It's happening, it's real, and it has nothing to do with mod making. It's a group of juvenile delinquents ruining the gameplay of regular users.
And another reason why I stay High fighting AI...lol
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

This!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
...his is about people making online UFOs and flying them NOW. On servers that have no ability to exclude them.

Is there any physical evidence of this, something like a track? I know I haven't been flying much lately, but the only UFO's I am dealing with are Spit IIa's. Maybe I am just being lucky...

Regards.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

I play practically every day at ATAG and Repka dogfight servers and I have yet to encounter any UFO FMs, unless you count Spit IIa